I am currently learning batch for Windows, but to put it lightly, I stink at it. If anyone could help with Batch's equivalent commands to TI-BASIC, that would be greatly appreciated. As of now I know:
Batch|TI-BASIC
Exit |Stop
If |If
NEQ |≠
goto |Goto
: |Lbl
echo|Disp
Pause|Pause

And that's pretty much it.
There is a sort of a header to batch:

Code:

@echo off

You should almost always put this at the beginning. Otherwise your program may or may not look really bad...
Also, if it's easier you can type the majority of batch commands in caps such as

Code:

:A
GOTO A

Mostly, these languages are the same. Good luck with learning Batch!
Strictly speaking, I don't recommend Batch programming as a good next step after TI-BASIC. Have you considered exploring a language like Python or C?
Asian:
I did know about @echo off, thanks anyway. Thanks for the advice about caps.

Kerm:
Why isn't it? And I heard that Python was difficult. I guess I'll try C, but aren't there different types like C# and C++, or is C it's own thing? Thank you.
On the contrary, python is an easy language to learn and it has many modules which can be used to make powerful programs. I'd go for it, myself.
Okay, thank you. I'll look into Python then.
gaventemples31415 wrote:
Kerm:
Why isn't it? And I heard that Python was difficult. I guess I'll try C, but aren't there different types like C# and C++, or is C it's own thing? Thank you.
I'd say that Python is objectively easier than C or C++ or C#, which are indeed three distinct languages (although C and C++ are closer to each other than either is to C#). For example, compare the "Hello World" programs in C and Python:

Code:
Python:
print "Hello, World!"

C:
int main(int argc, char* argv[]) {
    printf("Hello, World!");
}
Ah, I see. Based on that, I'll definitely try Python. Thanks for the help.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours