Hows a wireless 2.5 mm cable?
if that is possible, a whole bunch of other possibilites are also made possible:
-Instant Messaging
-Wireless 2-P player
-Wireless Internet, if paired with CalcNet2.2 and such.
-ALOT OF OTHER THINGS!!!
Graphing Calculator Graphing Calculator Graphing Calculator Graphing Calculator Graphing Calculator
Welcome to Cemetech, asi14; feel free to Introduce Yourself when you get a chance. I'm glad you're so enthusiastic about calculator hardware, and this is indeed something that we've thought a lot about. We've been (slowly) making a prototype of a wireless CALCnet adapter that plugs into the top of the calculator, but between a total lack of time and a few concerns about potential cheating, we haven't gotten a chance to finish the project.
well, the obvious adapter would be obvious on tests.
That was the thought Razz we do not promote cheating in that sense. But it would be easily removable for tests and repluggable afterwords no doubt ^^
geekboy1011 wrote:
That was the thought Razz we do not promote cheating in that sense. But it would be easily removable for tests and repluggable afterwords no doubt ^^
Indeed, that would be the hope. Actually, after seeing how the TI-Navigator wireless "networking" (actually a lot of host-slave connections) works, I think TI-84+CSE CALCnet and wireless adapters are not a bad idea.
Thankfully the hardware will be interchangeable on that. The software side is all that needs changing. But to the adapter it will be the same calc/model ^^
Presumably we could make it fit any of the calculators with the I/O and USB ports at the top, like the monochrome and color TI-84 Pluses and the TI-89 Titanium, as you say. I think the physical design is the least of our problems at this point. Wink
Agreed we need to actually get together a protoboard and start working on a proto software. But we need a Tari for that lets dump more schematics on him!
I think someone already made an IR Link for wireless, but its really out of date.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours