Okay. I've been at this for months, and so far, no avail.

I have Gossamer installed on my calculator, and the libusb driver for 1 usb port on the computer.

Here's what I do:

1. Plug in the calculator to the filtered port. I run DCS7 first.

2. I pull up the command prompt and locate to the gCn folder.

3. I type in these commands:

gcnclient.exe -n WebHub -l GinClient -d d

4. I press ENTER

5. I wait for a few seconds and then run Gossamer.

and nothing happens for an indefinite amount of time.

What is going on here?
I'm having the exact same issue. Any solutions?
jtaylor991 wrote:
I'm having the exact same issue. Any solutions?
Have you installed the filter driver? Do you start the gCn client with the calculator running at the homescreen? Are you using a direct USB cable and Doors CS 7.2?
Yes to all. I tried running the gCn client before and after I enter/run Doors CS7 as well, nothing. (I am using "-l jtaylor991 if it matters) I can even hear the sounds of the USB connecting/disconnecting through my PC speakers.
And you activated the filter driver after plugging in the calculator to the specific USB port, and you didn't connect it to a different USB port?
I unplugged from the calculator once and back in (the only way I can exit is take out a battery to hard reset when it hangs), but that was on the calculator itself. Same port on my laptop, and I ran the filter setup many times to make sure the calc didn't show up as not installed
I even just uninstalled and reinstalled the filter and tried directly afterwards (running the client before entering DCS at all), still nothing
If you add the -v flag to the gcnclient, can you paste a log of what you get in [code] tags? Also, a minor point of forum etiquette: if it's less than 24 hours since your last post, replying to yourself is considered double-posting and is frowned upon.
I just get this:

Code:

C:\Users\Jackson\Downloads\TI-84 stuff\gcnclient>gcnclient.exe -n WebHub -l jtaylor991 -d d -v
Info: Using default server host gcnhub.cemetech.net
Info: Using default port 4295
Info: Attempting to find calculator.  Press CTRL-C to abort.

So it does appear to be a problem connecting to my calculator. I tried running the client before opening DCS (sitting at a blank screen with a pointer) and after I entered Gossamer while sitting at the "Loading page.." state; same outcome. I tried once with reinstalling the filter again and running fresh (I think before I entered Gossamer that time). Odd, since the filter utility finds the "TI Educational Device" just fine. (For part of tonight my phone was connected to my computer by USB, but it doesn't appear to have affected the outcome of anything, since nothing changed from before I connected it)

Quote:
Also, a minor point of forum etiquette: if it's less than 24 hours since your last post, replying to yourself is considered double-posting and is frowned upon.

My bad, I suppose I should just edit my last post next time Smile
I normally think of my ethics as: "Am I wasting someone's time or the forum's energy/resources by doing this?"

Edit: I just thought of something...
I ran across this article that says to use "Doors CS 7.2 Beta 2 or higher". I went and got DCS from here. Should that be sufficient?
jtaylor991 wrote:
So it does appear to be a problem connecting to my calculator. I tried running the client before opening DCS (sitting at a blank screen with a pointer) and after I entered Gossamer while sitting at the "Loading page.." state
And you also tried from the calculator's homescreen?

Quote:
Edit: I just thought of something...
I ran across this article that says to use "Doors CS 7.2 Beta 2 or higher". I went and got DCS from here. Should that be sufficient?
Yes, Doors CS 7.2 is the final version of the Doors CS 7.2 betas, so you downloaded the correct version.
Yes, I tried from the homescreen (blinking cursor, no apps open whatsoever) as well.
jtaylor991 wrote:
Yes, I tried from the homescreen (blinking cursor, no apps open whatsoever) as well.
Could I please impose on you to please try Doors CS 7.2 Beta 2 (DoorsCS7.2b2.8xk) in the following ZIP and see if that does anything different?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rh6qgmc7n592xcq/dcs7betas.zip
Not seeing any change. I removed the old DCS7 and installed "DoorsCS7.2b2".

Maybe I'm missing a step? This is exactly what I'm doing, step by step:

1) Install filter on my "TI Educational Device"
2) Run "cmd.exe" as administrator and move to the gcnclient directory
3) Run this command:

Code:
gcnclient.exe -n WebHub -l jtaylor991 -d d -v

4) Open DCS7 and then open Gossamer
5) My output:

Code:
Info: Using default server host gcnhub.cemetech.net
Info: Using default port 4295
Info: Attempting to find calculator.  Press CTRL-C to abort.

I also tried swapping steps 3 and 4 and even tried having just DCS7 open when running the command but achieved the same result.
So the issue here was the driver was installed wrong/Messed up initially so here is what I did for him.

I reinstalled Ti's driver for his calculator then I grabbed the latest version of libusb off there source forge page. I installed that and then Installed the filter driver as per there wizard and voila it worked! Good luck everyone else
Solution:

Use the latest version of libusb-win32. Just Google it, find the latest version on Sourceforge, and use the "develfilter" exe in place of the filter installer included in the Gossamer package. Also, it would be good to go into Device Manager and update your driver for your TI calculator to make sure the driver is working correctly.

Thanks geekboy1011 !
Actually I only did that update to fix what the filter wizard originally broke and is normally not needed ^^ and no problem all in a days work!
jtaylor991 wrote:
Solution:

Use the latest version of libusb-win32. Just Google it, find the latest version on Sourceforge, and use the "develfilter" exe in place of the filter installer included in the Gossamer package. Also, it would be good to go into Device Manager and update your driver for your TI calculator to make sure the driver is working correctly.

Thanks geekboy1011 !
Thanks for posting the fix, jtaylor; thanks for helping jtaylor out, geekboy. I'll add that troubleshooting tip to the gCnClient documentation the next time it gets updated, if it gets updated.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours