I was going through my calculator (TI-84+), deleting some apps to free some memory, then I connected my calculator to my PC to transfer a new app to it, and the calculator just froze.

I tried clearing my RAM and everything. But the moment I connect my calculator to the USB port, it just completely freezes up and I can't transfer files to it.

Does anyone know the culprit to this?
What link cable do you use?

What happens when you unplug the link cable?

Have you tried using another link cable/calculator/computer?

What OS are you using? (Mac/Windows XP/Vista/7/8/Linux)
willwac wrote:
What link cable do you use?

MicroUSB.

Quote:
What happens when you unplug the link cable?

My calculator stops being frozen the moment I unplug it from the computer. Whether I unplug it from the computer end or the calculator end.

Quote:
Have you tried using another link cable/calculator/computer?

I've tried different cables and they didn't work.
I don't have another TI-84.
I did go try it on a Linux desktop and I got it to connect, so I'm assuming it's the computer's problem and not the calculator's.

But I still don't understand how to resolve it. The calculator just locks up when I plug it into my Windows 8 computer's USB port and won't transfer.

Quote:
What OS are you using? (Mac/Windows XP/Vista/7/8/Linux)

Windows 8, but the computer I did get it to connect to is running Ubuntu.
I assume that you tried other USB ports for the sake of comparison?
KermMartian wrote:
I assume that you tried other USB ports for the sake of comparison?

Yes, but the other two USB ports on the computer've never worked.

I'm pretty sure this USB port isn't broken, though. I can get other things to load it in, like my USB thumb drive.
If you are using TI-Connect, try using Tlip (I don't know if it has a virus, but Kasperskey says so, just be careful.) or try re-installing Ti-Connect,
TILP does not have a virus; that is a false positive. TILP would definitely be worth a try, though.
kapersky probably complains about tilp because it wants to use its own drivers and interface with then in its own way or something stupid like that. It's safe. As for the freezing it could be a driver issue with windows 8 or something did you try re-installing the driver?
I know this happens when you are using ti connect.
Now, when I plug it into another computer using TI-Connect, I get "The current transfer failed. A retry may be successful. (8C010000)". .-.
amihart wrote:
Now, when I plug it into another computer using TI-Connect, I get "The current transfer failed. A retry may be successful. (8C010000)". .-.
I get that with direct USB and one of the USB ports on my laptop, for no adequately explained reason. If I use either of the other two USB ports, everything works fine.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours