Hi Cemetech,

My name is Tim and I am new to Cemetech. I am a BASIC programmer with a moderate amount of experience. Maybe some of you know me from TI-Basic Developer.

I am more interested in graphical programming rather than solid code, although making little programs to make life easier and more interesting is great. For example, a copy of the NATO phonetic alphabet or a program that performs the quadratic equations and shows work. Stuff like that.

I am 14 and I am a freshman at my high school. I'm paranoid so I'll only say it's in Virginia. Razz I'm Korean, in my opinion halfway to fluent. I think it's awkward when people ask me to say something in Korean so please don't go all "Ahn-yung ha seh-yoh" to me. Above all no kimchi or galbi references.

As my signature probably implies I am a fan of ninjas. I am a travel player in ice hockey. I play defense and I consider myself pretty good.

I like music as well. I play piano in my free time and I used to play cello for school and at home.

I am a huge fan of programming! TI-Basic is the only one I am good at. At school I am learning Alice 2.3 and we are going to work with Visual Basic 2012 and Unity. I am trying to learn Python in my free time but it's definitely a lot harder than TI-Basic.

I own a TI-84 Plus calculator and I have absolutely no clue what an OS, "shell" or Ion or Mirage or whatever is. I understand how assembly works but the only assembly I have is the lowercase toggle and a home-made clear RAM. I have a vague idea with how greyscale works (something about pixels flickering?) but I don't know how to get it.

Thanks a lot for reading this and I hope I learn a good deal from Cemetech.

-Likeawhisper
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Welcome, Likeawhisper, and great to have you with us! May I please ask you to copy your post into our Introduce Yourself thread? We like to keep all the new members' introductions collected there for easy reference.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours