Hey guys,

I decided to try and make my first real ASM game, and it will be for the TI-84+CSE ! Very Happy

It's called Earth, and for now it's only you controlling a ship with the arrows and shooting with [2nd]. Call that the peaceful times. But later, enemies will come from the right of the screen and go to its left (where the Earth is !), and you'll have to destroy them to save your planet !

I don't post any screenshot since jsTIfied seems to be blocked at 1/16th of its speed on my PC (hem), but I post a 8xp to test if you want. You'll need DCS8 by the way, and you can quit with [clear].

If someone could make a screenshot for me, it'd be really cool Smile

Share comments Smile
I'm of course thrilled that this is going to be a Doors CSE game. I can't wait to see this on my calculator, so here are those screenshots. The fact that the ship is a sideways DCSE icon is just so awesome.

So what plan do you have for this? I'd be happy to contribute routines as necessary.
That is looking pretty ncie so far, the speed is pretty good! I hope it'll turn out well.
That looks pretty sweet.
What do you plan on the final product being?
KermMartian & Sorunome thanks ^^

KermM I don't really plan much things. Maybe power-ups, maybe the enemies' behaviour will change as you keep surviving.

Amihart :
matrefeytontias wrote:
It's called Earth, and for now it's only you controlling a ship with the arrows and shooting with [2nd]. Call that the peaceful times. But later, enemies will come from the right of the screen and go to its left (where the Earth is !), and you'll have to destroy them to save your planet !
matrefeytontias wrote:
KermM I don't really plan much things. Maybe power-ups, maybe the enemies' behaviour will change as you keep surviving.
Sounds like a solid plan to me! I look forward to seeing how it progress, and as always, we're here to help with code, feedback, or testing. Smile
matrefeytontias wrote:
Amihart :
matrefeytontias wrote:

Yeah, I know that, I can read.
That's pretty vague. Enemies going from left to right is how all horizontal scrolling shooters work. I was asking for a bit more information than that.
The thing is, since it's my first ASM game, there's not really any other information than that. I guess ideas will come as I progress (I don't even have enemies atm :/ ).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours