Thanks. I don't know why, but things of that nature fascinate me Smile
There's actually some support for the matrix theory, but it is subject to interpretation.
There's actually a theory that states all things are really just holograms.
Text discrepancy: it is entirely possible that you are not reading what I posted. Very Happy
Hello all. After reading both sides of the issue, I will tell you what I have concluded:

1. It is wrong to teach intelligent design in a United States public school. According to people posting in this topic, intelligent design promotes the idea that God created everything, and obviously not everyone in school is Christian. This is best left as an after school activity or as a school offered in Church.

2. It is also wrong for atheists to try to suppress Christianity. It is in the Constitution that everyone has freedom of religion, and that no one can deny people that right. And it's not like Christianity is a mandatory state religion. Just ignore it you atheists. Also getting courts and legislators tangled up with this issue is a clear violation of the separation of Church and State. Atheists should do like the Amish did and go make their own village in a lonely corner of the world. There's this one atheist kid in my school that anytime he even sees a reference to religion, he goes crazy. I wish they would just shut up...

3. If people want to put up crosses for fallen heroes, then let them. They are exercising their freedom of religion. No one can deny them that right.

4. Someone mentioned our laws are based off the 10 commandments right. Well that's probably because the 10 commandments serve a practical purpose as law. And technically our laws (for the most part) don't deal with religion. Only those silly atheist-born laws deal with religion. I think it would be more accurate to say our laws (and the laws of practically every government after the Babylonians) are based off Hamurabi's code. Eye for an eye sounds a whole lot like the death penalty...

As for evolution, creation, blah blah blah, I believe the people at NASA will be the only ones to have real answers in the near future. Someone will invent something that will make big oil companies obsolete, pharmaceutical companies obsolete, public transportation more widely available, and reveal the secrets of the universe. It's time to stop being self-centered and start looking at the bigger picture! America, don't be afraid of space, embrace it! For it might be the only home left to us in the near future.
This topic is losing focus. I'm going to email ulon to get his responses.
Agreed in full.
something1990 wrote:
It's time to stop being self-centered and start looking at the bigger picture!

Finally. Another sentient being realized that.
something1990 wrote:
America, don't be afraid of space, embrace it! For it might be the only home left to us in the near future.

Because the general idiocy of the population will eventually destroy our present home on earth.
Jonathan Pezzino wrote:
I'm going to email ulon to get his responses.

Responses? That'd be interesting.
You can blame general idiocy on pop culture. Pop culture is retarding the advance of people. Pop culture has a way of messing with people's minds... For example, I watched a show on Discovery Times that showed white power groups gaining ground by using rebellious music to lure kids and hook them for life. Sounds familiar to something else doesn't it? Anyways those self-centered wannabes are retarding the advance of everyone else. Everything we know and love today is a result of an intermingling of cultures. And if you try to oppress one group, then you might miss out on something great. Yeah you atheists, that one was directed at you.
Agreed. It would be nice if people could not be so self-centered and consider other things besides themselves and their possessions. Ticks me off. Mad
This reminds me of something that happened to me yesterday on my bus. The bus is crowded every day, so I try to be polite in order to get a seat. I will mention race for the purpose of this argument, but I don't have a bias, I'mjust mentioning it. Anyways, it just so happens that most of the time, it's a black girl that has extra space available. But over the weeks, she has gotten more rude about giving me a seat. Yesterday, I ent to ask her, saying "I can please set here?" She promptly responds with a sharp "No!" So I just move on to another seat, which didn't have as much extra space. Soon after, another black girl got on and wihtout any protest, the other girl let her sit there. I don't know if it was a racial or gender bias, but to tie it in with atheists, if people have racial bias, gender bias, religious bias, etc, then we will never advance beyond the point that we will finally be able to give up nuclear weapons and finally feel safe in this world. Where is the love people?
I am almost afraid the atheits will take this religion thing so far that I can't pray when I want to, now that would be a violation of my religion, if I want to say the Lord's Prayer in the middle of class, as long as it is not interupting anything, there is really nothing that can be done
Now that I think about it, wouldn't this topic go better in the rants section?
something1990 wrote:
I don't know if it was a racial or gender bias, but to tie it in with atheists, if people have racial bias, gender bias, religious bias, etc, then we will never advance beyond the point that we will finally be able to give up nuclear weapons and finally feel safe in this world. Where is the love people?

People generally want to exclude other people who are different from them because they feel that setting themselves apart gives them power, and people who do so are so greedy that they will try to hold on to their ideas and fight for their rights to freedom of expression tooth and nail while insisting that other people have their rights infringed because it "offends" them. Yet another case of moronic self-centeredness.
Quote:

Only if we rant about self-centered idiots. Very Happy
Quote:
Quote:

If you type "selfcentered idiots=atheists" into your calculator, you might get a 1 Very Happy
*goes to check*
Wow I got a 1! My calculator is smarter than I thought Wink
Probably because the calc saw your entry as:
S*E*L*F*C*E*N*T*E*R*E*D*I*D*I*O*T*S=A*T*H*E*I*S*T*S
If any one of the variables on either side were equal to 0, then it would see:
0=0
Which is obviously true, so it returns a 1.
Hence the wink. It might say newbie but I'm not dumb.
something1990 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

If you type "selfcentered idiots=atheists" into your calculator, you might get a 1 Very Happy
*goes to check*
Wow I got a 1! My calculator is smarter than I thought Wink

You make generalizations. Here's how I feel about religions:
kirb wrote:
I personally have no problem with people who believe in something, it's when they try to oppress me with it that I get angry. I don't oppress people with my beliefs, why should anyone else? By the way, debating is not oppressing (both sides are in it to prove their point).

Any self-centeredness there?
something1990 wrote:
This reminds me of something that happened to me yesterday on my bus. The bus is crowded every day, so I try to be polite in order to get a seat. I will mention race for the purpose of this argument, but I don't have a bias, I'mjust mentioning it. Anyways, it just so happens that most of the time, it's a black girl that has extra space available. But over the weeks, she has gotten more rude about giving me a seat. Yesterday, I ent to ask her, saying "I can please set here?" She promptly responds with a sharp "No!" So I just move on to another seat, which didn't have as much extra space. Soon after, another black girl got on and wihtout any protest, the other girl let her sit there. I don't know if it was a racial or gender bias, but to tie it in with atheists, if people have racial bias, gender bias, religious bias, etc, then we will never advance beyond the point that we will finally be able to give up nuclear weapons and finally feel safe in this world. Where is the love people?

Why can't people just think realistically for one a second. Don't you think it infinitely more likely that she just was reserving the seat for a friend!!!

As to your other comments about atheists being self-centered. Sure some are fanatical, but they have a right to their beliefs just like you. And to make true freedom of religion in this country they believe some things need to be changed. I agree in many of the cases. For one thing, "one nation, under God" is unconstitutional. There should be a separation of church and state, yet under this statement the nation (or state) is under (or very close to) God (a religious figure).

Oh and your program would actually return a syntax error if you typed it in "selfcentered idiots=atheists" because _ is not a valid variable or argument. Razz
Chipmaster wrote:
As to your other comments about atheists being self-centered. Sure some are fanatical, but they have a right to their beliefs just like you. And to make true freedom of religion in this country they believe some things need to be changed. I agree in many of the cases. For one thing, "one nation, under God" is unconstitutional. There should be a separation of church and state, yet under this statement the nation (or state) is under (or very close to) God (a religious figure).

It was put in there to deter Communists. Although how it did it is beyond me.
I could personally care less what it says. I know what I feel and I don't need words to tell me what it is.
This topic is being locked until further notice. This thread has become "battle of the enlightened 14 year-olds" and while that is all fine and dandy, I would really like to see ulon respond to the on-topic questions I posted. If you want to continue this discussion, please post it in "Rants."

If you are ulon, please email or PM me to unlock the topic.

Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours