So I've made a side scrolling program, but need help. with all the collision detection. I'll post the code layer if I need to.
supposing you are using the homescreen, and to display the level you are using a string, then "16(Y-1)+X" will return the String position from Y and X. this is used in my flamerman game.

if you are using ASM or Hybrid Libraries, then you'll likely be using a matrix/array. just check the contents of the matrix before placing something.
I didn't use y nor x
and where would.I.put that line? I have:

Code:
Output( 1,1,(sub(Str1,M,L)
Can you post the code you have at the moment? I need to see how you set everything up before I can help much.

Code:
ClrHome
"************************************************************************************************"→Str1
"*                                                                                                                                             
                                                                                    *"→Str2
"*                                                                               
                                                                                    *"→Str3
//Did this until i got to Str8
1→L
16→M
1→A
1→B
While 1
getKey→X
Output(1,1,(sub(Str1,L,M)) //Did this for Str1-Str8, row digit=str#
Output(A,B,"X
If X=24 and L≠1:Then
L-1→L
End
If X=25 and A≠2:Then
A-1→A
End
If X=34 and A≠8:Then
A+1→A
End
If X=36 and L≠50:Then //Just kind of guessed L since i left my calc at school...
L+1→L
End
End

This may be a bit incomplete, but this should (hopefully) enlighten any issues.
You seem to be creating a lot of duplicate threads with the same general idea. Please try to keep the number of threads you create low--if you can reuse a thread, please do. For example, you already have a thread for collision detection, and a thread for a side-scrolling game; you also have a thread called "Newbie questions" that also includes questions about collision detection. Please stop making superfluous threads.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours