I've gotten an idea on how I want to create minesweeper. (Using a matrix and such.)
But how would I work with checking adjacent spaces and displaying the number on that space.
Any formulas/suggestions.
I just finished (almost) a minesweeper clone for the CSE.
I actually did not use a matrix at all, just lists. If you want me to give you an idea on how I did it, here goes:
# of mines -> M (pretend M is the number of mines)
Randomly place mines; I'll let you figure that out.
Loop through each square and add 1 if there is a mine touching it.
That's pretty much what I did. If you need actual code to help you visualize it, feel free to ask, I can help.
Could I see? I know how to do the random mines...
So once you have you mines, you need to set each square with a number corresponding to how many mines are touching it.
Here is a general outline of how I did this:
-Create a loop to loop through each mine, start at the top leftmost mine to keep track easier.
-Add 1 to everysquare that is touching the mine, make a conditional that won't check squares off the grid. Also add a conditional that checks to make sure the adjacent square isn't another mine before adding 1.
-Tada! That should work. Although I did it a bit different, in a slower way :p
gaventemples31415 wrote:
Could I see? I know how to do the random mines...
His Minesweeper is in the Cemetech Archives, right here:
http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&id=948

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours