I recently tried to update my old TI-89 (non-Titanium) from OS 1.07 to 2.09. I originally tried this using TI OS Downloader using my Graph Link (Black Link) cable. However, I got transmission error during the upgrade. Now, I am stuck on the Link/Receive screen. I have tried removing batteries (including the backup), but still only get this screen. I can get TI Connect to recognize the calculator is there, but it cannot access any details. I have also tried the Graph Link program, but keep getting a Com Port error. I have also tried TiLP, but cannot get it to communicate with the calculator. Please help!!! I had a perfectly good calculator this morning...now I have a paperweight.
FWIW. OS 2.09 is the slowest and largest, if most featureful one, that you can find; it can be shrinked by a safe, computer-side, third-party patch made by myself. And OS 1.07 doesn't exist, so I'm not sure what you had Smile

Try again with TI OS Downloader, and possibly new batteries for good measure.
As for TILP, please use TILP II 1.17 or newer (the builds in the beta-testing topic), and use the filter driver installer, as described in the README (that's necessary due to probably intentional deficiencies in Windows, which positively hates having more than one driver for a piece of hardware) Smile
At the bottom of the screen I'm stuck at, it says Boot 1.07 build 35. Don't know if that means anything to you.

I've been trying TI OS Downloader all morning and keep getting one of two errors:
Cannot transfer. A retry may be successful. (8C01000B)
Cannot transfer. The connected TI device does not support this data type. (8C02000F)

When using TILP, I have been using 1.17. However, I'm not sure what to do about the filter driver. It seems to be referring to USB, but I am using a serial (9-pin) to I/O connecter.[/img]
1.07 build 35 is the latest boot version for your model, the boot code cannot be upgraded (without hardware modifications).

What computer OS version do you use ? Is it a 64-bit version ?
Support for old BlackLink cables is broken in TILP for modern Windows versions.
Just for confirmation: are you using an USB / RS232 TTL (DB9) adapter ? The vast majority of those is unsuitable for the purposes of communicating with TI calculators, due to the non-standard protocol requiring direct access to the wires.
I'm using Windows 7, 32-bit. This is a picture of the type of cable I am using.

Thanks for looking into this. I reinstalled TILP 1.17, GTK 2.24, GFM 1.07, and the libusb filter and now am able to get TILP to install the 2.09 OS. TILP still does not pull in details about the calculator, but the files do transfer. I was able to upgrade the OS and install a finance app and Study Cards (I'm going back for an MBA, so I really needed this).
Quote:
Thanks for looking into this. I reinstalled TILP 1.17, GTK 2.24, GFM 1.07, and the libusb filter and now am able to get TILP to install the 2.09 OS

Great then Smile

DB9 connectors, and consequently the BlackLink cable, have become scarce nowadays.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours