I thought this might be funny.
List 5 things, good or bad, that are a direct conciquence of calculator programming.

1. I'm the person every body comes to for games. Very Happy
2. I'm the person people come to with calculator problems (even if their screen is black from a contrast problem. Smile)
3. My math teacher makes me use a diferent calculator on tests, because I program mine.
4. I have the coolest calculator in the school.
5.The programming knowledge translates (sort of) to other languages and makes them easier to learn.
16aroth6 wrote:
List 5 things, good or bad, that are a direct conciquence of calculator programming.

1. I'm the person every body comes to for games. :D
2. I'm the person people come to with calculator problems (even if their screen is black from a contrast problem. :))
3. My math teacher makes me use a diferent calculator on tests, because I program mine.
5.The programming knowledge translates (sort of) to other languages and makes them easier to learn.

HAHAHA I had a teacher who tried to take away my calculator before a test when she found out that I programmed it. She gave up though, when I told her that any programs I would need, I could just create in 5 minutes on a different calculator. XD
my teacher also programs, so she knew the futility of taking my calculator away. my history and science teachers arent so smart...
LuxenD wrote:
my teacher also programs, so she knew the futility of taking my calculator away. my history and science teachers arent so smart...

It should be common sense not to bring a calculator to a History class. Talk about fishy.
i use it to take notes on, ashbad. using docde.

...that doesnt mean i havent played any games in there, though :}
Roguebantha wrote:
16aroth6 wrote:

1. I'm the person every body comes to for games. Very Happy
2. I'm the person people come to with calculator problems (even if their screen is black from a contrast problem. Smile)

HAHAHA I had a teacher who tried to take away my calculator before a test when she found out that I programmed it. She gave up though, when I told her that any programs I would need, I could just create in 5 minutes on a different calculator. XD

The funny thing about that is that when she took it away, and gave me a diferent one to use, I just reproduced the same programs on that one while taking the test, and still finished before everyone else. Very Happy
Myn! Students ask me for programming help.
Enefa! I know other types of programming better than I would have.
Epremo! I sometimes over-optimize, as a result...
Resyss! And I tend to use short variable names at a lot of places.
Genlema! People admire my calc gaming, even on the in-limbo RPG that I programmed for the 84+.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours