Hi guys !

Some of you may be aware of my "super-secret-project", and now that it reached a releasable state, I don't make you wait any more Razz

So, the project I'm working on is an axiom (ASM for Axe so) which allows you to work with 3D vertices in a high-level way. Before saying anything, please know that I didn't made any 3D calculus during the development of this axiom. I just ported the 3D routine set Juha3D by yhean from pure ASM to Axe-friendly ASM, which still was a PITA that took me 27 days, especially because I've fully done it with Mimas (yeah, I'm a great Mimas fan) ;D So, all credits goes to him (wherever he is now) for the 3D calculations (and I would especially thank him for his wonderful macros and SMC that aren't allowed in an axiom coded with Mimas and which gave me strong headaches).

Instead of explaining the way it works any further, have a look at the 3 current commands of the axiom, which are all available in the [PRB] menu ([math][←]) :

I have to send you to the original post on Omni, because the tables don't seem to work here. Sorry about that Sad

And now ... examples time Very Happy !

The classic cube :

8 vertices, 12 links, 4 calls to getKey, 29 FPS

Omnimaga's logo Very Happy :

20 vertices, 30 links, 4 calls to getKey, and still strong - 14 FPS !

Trip through the galaxy !

32 vertices, no links, 4 calls to getKey, moving camera, 12 FPS

You can download the axiom itself, AXMJH3D.8xv, and the source of the cube program as a small example, CUBE.8xp.

Note that it's not a complete project. Yeah, it's only a port of Juha3D, but I'm actually looking for people who would want to get into it with me in order to build a full axiom that could provide by himself all the functionalities that working with volumetric objects would require (scaled down to calc dev of course, so I'd be really happy only with polygon filling, but I'm sure people can think - and realize - better than only that Wink ).

So, to make it clear : if you want to team up with me to carry this axiom even further, please post about it on Omnimaga, it's better to have only one place for this kind of things Razz (see the link above).

Have fun, and share comments !
Wow looks awesome! yhean's Juha3D has been around for a very long time, its great to see it continue to live on.

Nice work and good speed Smile.
Am I correct in thinking that this can only do wireframe for the moment? Either way, though, it looks great, so keep up the good work! Do you have any planned features coming soon?
@tr1p1ea thanks Smile

@KermMartian yeah, for now it's only wireframe but we're working with ben_g (we teamed up) on solid surfaces, and it's going well Smile we also planned textured triangles but this will be later.
tr1p1ea has extensive experience with 3D engines as well, so don't hesitate to pick his brain here in the topic (if he has time to help). Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours