Hi

GlovePie newbie
Anyone able to assist with some sample code which I can modify to suit what I am looking to do.

With 2 or more keyboard emulators (these are rfid readers that read direct into open application like Excel, all in the same column, at the moment)

I want to be able to identify each keyboard(rfid) and have data from that reader go into open spreadsheet in Col A, and the next reader into col B etc.
That is incoming data from reader #1 goes straight into col. A.

If I can have some sample data for a similiar application I will have a go at finishing the code.

Thanks
Charles Harris
More information would have been wonderful but after Googling it sounds like Glove-Pie is bluetooth, not RFID? Do we need an RFID reader?

How do we go about helping you? What do we need? Etc.
Hi Alex
If I can get an indication of Glove-Pie code to use to:
1. Find and list usb keyboards on pc
2. Take each keyboard, route and hook up to open spreadsheet

That will get me a long way.
Thanks
Charles
sswcharlie wrote:
Hi Alex
If I can get an indication of Glove-Pie code to use to:
1. Find and list usb keyboards on pc
2. Take each keyboard, route and hook up to open spreadsheet

That will get me a long way.
Thanks
Charles

I don't know if GlovePIE can do that efficiently. I do know that GlovePIE can get the number of keyboards with Keyboard.Count, and you can tell if particular keyboards exist with KeyboardN.Exists (where N is some integer from 1 to Count). And I don't know if GlovePIE can route separate keyboard input to different windows - it can switch active windows, but by the time you press the key, it's too late.

But GlovePIE is quite a helpful program for lots of other input tasks, and certainly not just for random devices like Wii Remotes. I've written lots of productivity scripts in my day, such as one that replaced "Enter" keypresses with "Down" and "Home" keypresses so that it just went to the beginning of the next line instead of creating a new one.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours