I vaguely recall, probably about a year ago now, that Kerm whipped up a floppy disk drive and a program to play music from said floppy disk. Recently i ran out of archivable memory on my TI-84. Is there a way to use a floppy/compact/flash disk to essentially boost your archivable (or i guess even RAM) space? Maybe be able to send and get programs from that removable media? I have a floppy drive laying around and it got me thinking on this. Thanks

rc
There's the option of using MSD8x with a suitable thumbdrive and TI-84 Plus. Doesn't run programs/apps/etc. off off of the thumbdrive itself, but provides an option of using a thumbdrive to store unneeded data.
Yes! USB8x! It was made by BrandonW, It's pretty awesome!
Makes things a little more complicated, i was shooting for more of an external hard drive approach and just have the calc run stuff from there. Would a modified version of (Kerm's music player) work, by tweaking it to read BASIC instead of music files? .-.
Sadly no. It still has to load the program into calculator RAM prior to running. You can keep your calc program free and only use the programs you need through USB/MSD8x.
Ok. So just any usb device? Im looking at the wiki page, it appears like there are commands -essentially- to get mouse and keyboard input as well as initiate usb mass storage. So its more of a driver for all usb connectivity...? And would this work for a floppy drive as well? (I'd imagine I would need a giant battery/converter for power, but its for fun on a rainy day)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours