Tari wrote:
Yeah, that battery life makes me sad. I do prefer the modular design though. Of course, I'd rather build something myself because I don't care about looking like a cyborg. Smile
As in, you would like to look like one? I'm glad we agree on that, and I certainly would love to build one myself as well.
KermMartian wrote:
As you guys know, I really want a Google Glass prototype (hint hint, Google?), but I noticed a competitor that looks reasonably intriguing:
http://techbeat.com/2013/01/can-vuzix-smart-glasses-steal-the-scene-from-google/
I'm not crazy about the 2-hour battery life with the display on, though.

If you had gone to Google I/O you could have ordered one.

I see them all the time now. Sadly I can't use one as I have glasses, but their pretty cool and don't look too nerdy.
Wait, I thought Google Glass worked with glasses, Kllrnohj. Also, I don't have the cash to plunk down $1500 for a developer version, thanks. Sad
Google Glass are glasses but not prescription glasses. Prescription glass versions will likely be after the consumer version is released.
comicIDIOT wrote:
Google Glass are glasses but not prescription glasses. Prescription glass versions will likely be after the consumer version is released.
Google Glass are not glasses, they're just a little bar. I was under the impression that they can be placed over prescription glasses from what I had heard; I'm disappointed to hear that that won't work with the current model.
Oh? All the videos made it seeming the glasses were part of the gadget. I'll have too look into again when I get home I assume.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours