I've been expecting a new class pad with color screen from Casio and I thought that by now Casio would have a class pad iPad out thus out doing TI but neither has happened. It's been quite some time since the Prizm was introduced (a great product) but nothing since then. What gives? Sad
It may be more of a proprietary thing than anything else. I can say with some confidence that they're profits may be greater with a tablet app (as they'd loose - at most - 30% of the purchase price) but they'd lack control over who has access to the App, if it's at all restricted in the first place.

Due to the touch screen it can't be used on standardized tests, as stated by Kerm's article, so I don't see a limitation in that degree for porting the software to any tablet OS's. However, I'm sure there's some reason tied to "proprietary hardware" which is why it hasn't happened.
if you shearch for classpad in google (images) there are 1 chinese android tablet named classpad
As long as iPads and similar gadgets are able to access the internet, I don't think that TI or Casio are going to touch them with a ten-foot-pole. Now that I've played with the Classpad, I'm surprised that Casio hasn't made at least a color version of it, but it may not be cost-effective for them. In other words, they may have simply decided that the Classpad doesn't really need color to justify the extra cost and complexity of adding a color screen to the device.
@cjxicerains, i do a post about new changes in new classpad 330 plus

Maybe casio will close development in this new model, if You want a classpad, i recommend the classpad 330 (normal)
Please cross-post your thread about the new Classpad, if you wish to share it with us. I must honestly say that including links to various threads on your site in every single post you make is wearing on my nerves a bit advertising-wise.
KermMartian wrote:
I must honestly say that including links to various threads on your site in every single post you make is wearing on my nerves a bit advertising-wise.

tifreak has been deleted a post in this thread made by cjxicerains, when cjxicerains ask about new changes in new classpad, i just gave him a link to a post with all the changes

and other link that i posted is about wsc on calc c compiler (did you want i crosspost a complete wiki page to here? lol)
I deleted his posts because of the blatant advertising to clothing stores and such that he also included in his posts. Just so you know.
tifreak8x wrote:
I deleted his posts because of the blatant advertising to clothing stores and such that he also included in his posts. Just so you know.
Ah, must have been a bot. Helder7: In that case the lack of previous post confused me, sorry about that. Smile Thanks for cross-posting that great detective work.
Dingus wrote:
I've been expecting a new class pad with color screen from Casio and I thought that by now Casio would have a class pad iPad out thus out doing TI but neither has happened. It's been quite some time since the Prizm was introduced (a great product) but nothing since then. What gives? Sad
Apologies for the necropost, but it's worthwhile to note that at last, there is indeed a new color-screen ClassPad on the way:

http://www.cemetech.net/news.php?id=547
Heh, what if Casio got their ideas here Razz

Now for the iPad app?
Deep Thought wrote:
Heh, what if Casio got their ideas here Razz

Now for the iPad app?
s/iPad/smart phone. Wink I'm moderately confident that they'll have a "Manager" application (ie, emulator) for the new fx-CP400, which would mean a smartphone application would certainly be feasible.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours