Hi!
I just joined the community and I just started using the emulator which I find fantastic. However, when I tried to give the emulator a group file (*.8xg) it gives an error. Help?
Are you uploading an .8xg or a .TIG?
.8xg
Huh, I'm not sure then. I would have expected that to work. KermM will have to answer.
Ok thanks
Oh wait, its an old style group. Does that change anything?

EDIT: When my friend and I were once trying to load Pokemon on our calculators, we ran into a few problem trying to run it. My friend researched and explained that you have to ungroup it on the computer because the calculator cannot do it right. Also, when I was trying to extract the programs out of the group, the computer mentioned something about "Old-style group" or something. The files inside are .83p. Could that be it?
pmdevita wrote:
What do you mean by an old-style group? Also, for future reference, please edit your post instead of double-posting if it's within 24 hours of your last post. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
pmdevita wrote:
What do you mean by an old-style group? Also, for future reference, please edit your post instead of double-posting if it's within 24 hours of your last post. Smile

He means it's an .8xg and not a .tig. -^
Nah I think he means it's a TI-Graph Link group (the ones that corrupts when ungrouped in recent emulators or after being sent to the calc with more recent softwares). Sometimes I think I saw it happen with some of my old games that weren't re-grouped.
A .83p is not a group. Regarding Pokemons for the calculator, Pokemon Topaze is the one you should be trying. Read this thread

http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8169

Edit: You can reply now, since you're no longer the last poster in the thread. Smile I recommend that you do so; otherwise I'll keep losing your edits.
I know .83p isn't a group. I meant, could those files inside be causing the problem? I pulled the .83p files out of the group and tried uploading them but they didn't work either.
pmdevita wrote:
I know .83p isn't a group. I meant, could those files inside be causing the problem? I pulled the .83p files out of the group and tried uploading them but they didn't work either.
Yeah, I've heard that that Pokemon Red has a lot of problems. I suggest that you check out that thread I linked to two posts ago.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours