i have no idea how to run programs on the nspire; and my computer link program wont recognise the device.

1st problem:
ive tried just doing Test() to run a program, but it displays done and moves on, without running any commands. the basic program being run is a regular
Code:
 Disp "Hello"

but wont do anything. test() is entered into math thingy of the same document. did i not do something?

2nd problem:
the computer hardware panel recognises nspire device and has successfully installed hardware thingy, but the software i have says i have no nspires attached. does the nspire not use the USB connection for links?

OS version is 2.0.0.1188, on a regulare nspire.[/code]
LuxenD wrote:

1st problem:
ive tried just doing Test() to run a program, but it displays done and moves on, without running any commands. the basic program being run is a regular
Code:
 Disp "Hello"

but wont do anything. test() is entered into math thingy of the same document. did i not do something?

Did you validate your program before running it ?
When you press Menu in the program editor, there should be an option that looks like "Check syntax and save". That might be useful Wink
(Note that I have a French CX so the option might actually not be called like that, but it should look like that)

LuxenD wrote:

2nd problem:
the computer hardware panel recognises nspire device and has successfully installed hardware thingy, but the software i have says i have no nspires attached. does the nspire not use the USB connection for links?

It does use USB for linking, it is weird that it doesn't work.
Which software do you use ? The Student Software sold with the device ?
If so, I suggest you to forget it and use TI-Nspire Computer Link instead: it is faster, lighter and doesn't need any annoying license.
However, as its name suggests it, it only provides linking features, there is no way to launch any tns file through it.
Here is the 3.2 version of this software for Windows. It works with my CX CAS (OS 3.1.392). If it doesn't work with yours, try an older version (also findable in TI-Planet's archives) Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours