Hey, I need some help with this game I'm making.

I know that it's really Scarth 1.0 right now, but I needed something to work from.

Can anyone please help me find where the graphics and the formulas are controlled?

Thanks!
What API are you trying to use? BASIC? Axe? ASM? Win32? Linux?
He's trying to use TI-BASIC. He is studying the parabolic physics math in my Scarth 1.0 tank game, a TI-BASIC predecessor of Obliterate.
KermMartian wrote:
He's trying to use TI-BASIC. He is studying the parabolic physics math in my Scarth 1.0 tank game, a TI-BASIC predecessor of Obliterate.

Right.

Are the tank "icons" controlled by hex sprites, or are they controlled by lines?
It's pure BASIC, so they are Pxl-Change commands, if I recall. One of the ZSC... subprograms is responsible for drawing the tanks, while the core parabolic logic is in the SCARTH program.
Okay, now how do I change the picture to a trebuchet and a castle?
GinDiamond wrote:
Okay, now how do I change the picture to a trebuchet and a castle?
Well, figure out how you want your trebuchet to look, and changing the Pxl-Change coordinates accordingly. Also sketch your castle and figure that out. I'm not sure what exactly you're asking, to be honest. Smile
Something like this:
00F0391E3753C538D8C881FC

Could I change it from pixels to a hex sprite? Will the DCS library let me do that?
GinDiamond wrote:
Something like this:
00F0391E3753C538D8C881FC

Could I change it from pixels to a hex sprite? Will the DCS library let me do that?
Absolutely, and that would make the program go much faster. From the Third-Party Hybrid BASIC libraries, you'll probably want DrawSprite
Thanks!
GinDiamond wrote:
Thanks!
No problem. Don't forget that the main program will need the guard to make sure that Doors CS is present, something like this:

Code:
:If 1337≠det([[42
:Then
:Disp "GET DOORS CS 7
:Pause "DCS.CEMETECH.NET
:Return:End

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours