My friend wants to learn how to program TI calculators and I want to send him a few programs via link port. The problem is that I don't have a io cable. Can someone post a scamatic on how to make a calc to calc link cable. I'm linking a TI-84+SE to a TI-83+.
Isn't it just a male-to-male 2.5 or 3.5mm cable?
2.5mm, yes. Extremely easy.
Yes, it doesn't have to be an "official" TI linking cable, any 2.5mm male to male linking cable should work out just fine.
I purchase a 3 foot 2.5 male-to-male for 2.79 at my local electronic retailer (Fry's Electronics). However, they're a West Coast company so check your local retailer or a Radio Shack.

I'd offer some suggestions for you, but I've never needed to visit an electronic store while I was in Maine; I can't think of any that I may have passed or seen either.
Thanks everyone. I tryed to make one but it failed. I keep getting the "Error in Xmit" message. What does that mean?
Xmit is (more than likely) short for Transmit. Meaning, something went wrong. Your calculator thinks it was connected but it never sent the data successfully/got return data.

If the calculator didn't recognise it was plugged in, it probably never would have started the transfer.
Thanks ComicIdiot. I think I may go buy one.
spud2451 wrote:
Thanks ComicIdiot. I think I may go buy one.

That's your best bet, they're not that expensive either.
I just got one off of ebay for $2.50. Hurray for free shipping!
I was going to say that depending on the type of plug you were using, it may have had too large of a plastic piece to plug completely into the calculator's socket, especially if you're using one or more TI-84+/SE. I've found that a simple pencil sharpener or Swiss army knife can do the trick there.
KermMartian wrote:
I was going to say that depending on the type of plug you were using, it may have had too large of a plastic piece to plug completely into the calculator's socket, especially if you're using one or more TI-84+/SE. I've found that a simple pencil sharpener or Swiss army knife can do the trick there.

What are you going to say now?
seana11 wrote:

Well, probably something along the quote of:

KermFarcetian wrote:
The cable you bought from eBay will work. But if it doesn't stay it, I suggest filing down the plastic bit around the plug since sometimes it's too large.
lol I'm not very funny.
comicIDIOT wrote:
seana11 wrote:

KermFarcetian wrote:
The cable you bought from eBay will work. But if it doesn't stay it, I suggest filing down the plastic bit around the plug since sometimes it's too large.
0x5 I'm not very funny.
Thanks for the Hail Mary save, comicIDIOT. You narrowly avoided Seana11 pulling yet another topic way off-topic! Wink
I'll pick up where I can.
KermMartian wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:
seana11 wrote:

KermFarcetian wrote:
0x5 I'm not very funny.
Thanks for the Hail Mary save, comicIDIOT. You narrowly avoided Seana11 pulling yet another topic way off-topic! ;)

That wasn't going to go way off topic. It was completely relevant, considering your unfinished thought.
seana11 wrote:
That wasn't going to go way off topic. It was completely relevant, considering your unfinished thought.
Stop.

Spud: Did your cable arrive yet? Let us know which one you got and how well it works, for future reference and future recommendations to other users looking for the same thing.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours