Oh sorry, "run for its money" is an idiom that I didn't even realize I was using. Smile I guess that "polish" as a noun in this sense is also somewhat obscure. What about doing initials for high scores, like I did in Invalid Tangram? That's very easy to code.
This would indeed be very easy to code but that would then be a pain for the player to input. But you gave me an idea to make the name input easy to code and to use: I can make an initials-style name input but with a longer name and with key shortcuts. This would not be too hard to code (but the sentence I wrote doesn't really make any sense, so you'll have to wait for the result to see what I mean).
Hayleia wrote:
This would indeed be very easy to code but that would then be a pain for the player to input. But you gave me an idea to make the name input easy to code and to use: I can make an initials-style name input but with a longer name and with key shortcuts. This would not be too hard to code (but the sentence I wrote doesn't really make any sense, so you'll have to wait for the result to see what I mean).
I think I get the basic idea: arrow keys to scroll up and down between letters, but let them use other keys to jump directly to certain letters. I think that's a good solution, if that is indeed what you mean. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
I think I get the basic idea: arrow keys to scroll up and down between letters, but let them use other keys to jump directly to certain letters. I think that's a good solution, if that is indeed what you mean. Smile
That is what I meant, but in fact, while making this, I noticed that there are not a lot of differences between what I said and a complete name input so I added the few necessary lines of code. Now I just need to correctly set this in the main program Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours