Cross-posted by KermM request from casio-scene.

For many users, the launch of a new ClassPad without color screen was a disillusion. I am sure that a ClassPad with Color Screen would be a "Nspire Cx Cas Killer".

However I was analyzing the Classpad 330 Plus manuals. I come here to refer to changes.

Hardware changes:
Sh4 processor

In the Initial Configuration
As in other models, now appears a window to choose the type of batteries:

Projector Connection
Now is possible use Classpad with Casio Compatible Projectors like Prizm!

Computer Connection
The calculator is a usb disk, like prizm. You no longer need to use software like FA-CP1 to put file on calc. Maybe the restriction on the transmission of unknown extension files to the calculator is removed.

Support 3 folder levels.

It uses memory files for programs, etc... with extensions .vcp and .xcp

Add-ins
Old add-ins doesnt work in new classpad, because the new classpad use a Sh4 processor (like power grapic 2 models and prizm).
There are also a new add-in format (.c1a). Maybe casio doesnt release any SDK.

This news does not surprise me. I'm waiting for the Color Classpad! I still prefer my classpad 330, because there are many add-ins developed for it and I have doubts about the success of this new model!
Great discoveries, Helder7; thanks for sharing these with us! I think it's great that you're bringing some of the Prizm improvements over to the ClassPad, like the USB disk feature. I also think that giving it an SH4 processor will make it easy for us to add ClassPad support to the PrizmSDK, although of course the monochrome screen, different keyboard, and portrait-orientation screen will make porting Prizm Add-Ins and games to the ClassPad not quite trivial. I love the thought of Tetrizm on that screen, though...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours