Hi everyone,
I recently put Gemini and two other big programs on my calculator. But sadly it seems I cannot run them. When I try to run them I get this: "Error: 504 Not Enough Mem", but I looked at my ram and arc free and have this:

Code:

RAM FREE        23455
ARC FREE      180157

I am wondering why I cannot run these. Can somebody please help me?
It has to do with the fact that the programs are copied into RAM when you are playing them. And because programs, even in archive, take up some RAM space, your RAM was lowered just enough by the programs sent that all of them are too big to be copied into RAM when run. The same happens to me when I try to play Castlevania Prelude to Chaos on my calculator if I have too many programs Sad
CPtC was one of those such programs. Is there any way to fix this?
No (as it is not really a bug in a sense), you have to delete some of the big programs until you have enough RAM free to run whatever programs you need, sadly :/
Well I have archived all my programs so I have all my Ram open, but yet I still cannot play these games. Sad
As I said, even if sent to archive the programs are copied to RAM for the duration of their use (or just unarchived until exited out of, depending on which shell you use) so you still need enough free RAM to match the size of the program. And also large programs take out a chunk of RAM even if archived (the reason for which is not something I know >.>)
It has something to do with the VAT. It will take space to keep track of a program, regardless of location.
Yeah, I had this problem with Gemini, Desolate, and a few others. The solution is to pack excess programs (and everything else) into groups and delete the ungrouped copies to free up space from the VAT (Variable Allocation Table) that is impinging on your free RAM.
Another option is to transfer your programs onto the computer.
Okay I finally got my ram to 24029, so I can play Gemini. But... I start the game and the menu comes up for Gemini. I can move the selector up/down. But as soon as I click on one of the selections albeit the difficulty settings, it freezes. Is this a memory issue? What's wrong?
What type of calculator do you have? Also what OS does it have?
ti-84plus. Os: 2.53MP
Awwe man, does that mean I can't play it? I played it using wabbitemu using the same specs as above.
I'm not sure. Not being a user of MP I can't be sure what would cause it to freeze, but I would assume it has to do with it being MP, though perhaps it requires a bit more ram for when the game actually starts? I wish I could help further but that requires me upgrading to MP, which I plan to never ever do Sad
oh okay. I'm just curious as to why it worked fine on the emulator with 2.53MP. Sigh, oh well.
Try turning off mathprint. Press the mode key and then find mathprint and select "classic" that may improve compatibly (and speed). my friend did this on his ti 84+SE and speed increased drastically.
i mark i wrote:
Try turning off mathprint. Press the mode key and then find mathprint and select "classic" that may improve compatibly (and speed). my friend did this on his ti 84+SE and speed increased drastically.

I doubt that disabling mathprint would fix the underlying problems MP has (especially with asm programs.)
Yes. You're smart enough to go without that slow MP feature. You should really downgrade to 2.43. My life has improved drastically since I did.
Well, I doubt it is *that* important, as many people are in a situation where they need MP for their math class (you know, where calculators server their origional function) or have situations where they are required to use MP, like a teacher forcing them too.
I have MP on my ti-84plus and a lower Os on my ti-84se so I have both :p gosh. Anyways my ti-84se is [ramafied] so i cant use it right now.
qazz42 wrote:
Well, I doubt it is *that* important, as many people are in a situation where they need MP for their math class (you know, where calculators server their origional function)

There are students that can remember the syntax for fnInt( and whatnot. The slight discomfort of not having a template for a radical or an integral is nothing compared to the unhappiness of slowdowns and incompatibilities of some programs.

Quote:
or have situations where they are required to use MP, like a teacher forcing them too.

Probably just force the Nspire on their students.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours