I'm pretty sure this topic fits here. Very Happy

I'm working on tutorial for Grammer. I worked until chapter 4.

The link is right here: http://yeong.comli.com
or
http://yeong.57o9.org

Any criticism/suggestions? (But not on the web design please. Sad I just used a template. If my webpage looks bad, blame the template XD)
There is still the trouble with Chapter 4 since the logic expressions are actually not like TI-BASIC (they perform bitwise logic). Since I am pretty sure you know sprites, think of it exactly like that. Also, they use the full 16-bits of the instruction. In cases where you are using just Boolean logic, though it works fine Smile
With that, I want to look at this:
Quote:

So 3=5 and 7>3 will return 0, and 3=5 or 7>3 will return 1. Also, !3=5 will return 1.

The first one:
3=5 and 7>3
3=5 and 1
3=1
That is correct, but not based on the way you presented it.

3=5 or 7>3
3=5 or 1
3=5
And that one doesn't work :/

EDIT: Oops, I forgot to present how to fix that. The easiest way is to use the colon Very Happy

Code:

3=5: and 7>3
3=5: or 7>3

Since colons are allowed in If statements, these are really useful. They pretty much take the place of parentheses. In both cases they start with 3=5 which returns 0. That is then passed to the next section of the math:

0 and 7>3
0 and 1

0 or 7>3
0 or 1
Hmm, that's interesting. So Grammer doesn't use grouping parentheses for logical expressions at all?
Unfortunately, not :/ It reads them as just another math operation.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours