Hey, guys, I'm new here, so I'm sorry if I choose the wrong topic to post this problem in. Anyway, I've recently tried to put Pokemon Red from ticalc in my calculator, but I can't put the group folder into the RAM as it tells me to do. So I allowed it to go into Archive and then ungrouped it as some people suggested. However, it stopped in the middle of it saying ERR:UNDEFINED. I really don't know what to do. Help please?

[b]Editor's note: Looking for help with Pokemon Red on your calculator? This topic will help. Try the alternatives, especially Pokemon Topaze:
[HELP] Step-by-Step Tutorial for Pokemon on TI-83+/TI-84+
It stopped in the middle of ungrouping or in the middle of the program?
Saywat, welcome to Cemetech. If you get a chance, please introduce yourself. I believe that he means it's saying that it stopped in the middle of the program, Dapinao. Sayway, press 2: Goto when that ERR: UNDEFINED comes up, and tell us what the cursor lands on. If there's no 2: Goto option (only a 1:Quit option), then install something like Doors CS 7, which lets you "unlock" programs for editing.
In the case of the program, I have used the program and it isn’t very careful as for it’s code... if not run in a very specific way it will have problems further along in the game.
Dapianokid wrote:
In the case of the program, I have used the program and it isn’t very careful as for it’s code... if not run in a very specific way it will have problems further along in the game.
Indeed, I believe it's only really popular because of the name. As far as I know, it's JoeYoung's game, so perhaps he'll pop in and offer his two cents.
It defines variables and changes them... it later expects a certain variable to give a certain value and thus allow the program to behave a certain way. But he wasn’t careful and well the popular program isn’t very good in that case. I hear there are ports being redone of the game though, graphical improvements and the like.
Dapianokid wrote:
It defines variables and changes them... it later expects a certain variable to give a certain value and thus allow the program to behave a certain way. But he wasn’t careful and well the popular program isn’t very good in that case. I hear there are ports being redone of the game though, graphical improvements and the like.
Well, there's TIFreak8x's long-suffering Pokemon Purple game, which is ridiculously well-written and deserves to be the only TI-BASIC Pokemon game out there, but unfortunately he's extremely busy and rarely has time to work on it.
Oh...so it's not a very good game anyway? Well, I guess I didn't need to bother. Thanks guys, I guess I'll go check out Pokemon Purple.
saywat wrote:
Oh...so it's not a very good game anyway? Well, I guess I didn't need to bother. Thanks guys, I guess I'll go check out Pokemon Purple.
Pokemon Purple would be great to check out, and if you want an actual gameboy emulator that can run Pokemon, take a look at this topic/post:

http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=179781#179781
Wow, thanks! Now I can procrastinate properly! Laughing
saywat wrote:
Wow, thanks! Now I can procrastinate properly! 0x5
Heh, excellent to hear. Smile Be sure to let us know if we can help with anything calculator games or programming wise, particularly if you plan to do any calculator or computer programming at some point.
That's the game in question, right?

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/248/24889.html

It was OK considering the original 83 version dates all the way back in 2000, but much better can definitively be done (see Tifreak's game, as mentionned above, although it's far from finished)
That one, combined with this one:

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/290/29064.html

I must say that I'm not thrilled that he's getting thousands of downloads a week and is the #3 most downloaded author of the week for those two programs.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours