I am trying to install TILP on fedora, I follow the steps and when I get to step 2. "Make" it does not work. I notice the error messages on the configure that I dont have a C compiler in $PATH. So can anyone link me a C Compiler that would work for that?
Install GCC. On Fedora:

Code:
sudo yum install gcc
This will get you everything you are going to need (make, gcc, headers, etc).

Code:
sudo yum groupinstall "Development Tools"
For what it's worth, with apt/Ubuntu the package is "build-essential" to get GCC, GDB, and all the headers you need.
Ok thanks guys. Hopefully tilp works better on linux than it does on windows.
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
I am trying to install TILP on fedora, I follow the steps and when I get to step 2. "Make" it does not work. I notice the error messages on the configure that I dont have a C compiler in $PATH. So can anyone link me a C Compiler that would work for that?

Gah... How can they even think of not including gcc in the default install? One of the fundimental principles behind linux is that users should be able to build their own code.
And most users never need to compile anything (indeed, it's usually something to avoid, simply because it's much better to do it through your package manager). Why waste a few tens of megabytes (at best) installing a toolchain that most users will never use?
seana11 wrote:
Gah... How can they even think of not including gcc in the default install? One of the fundimental principles behind linux is that users should be able to build their own code.

And what would they use to build GCC itself? Wink
Travis wrote:
seana11 wrote:

GCC. It's GCC all the way down. Very Happy
christop wrote:
Travis wrote:
seana11 wrote:

GCC. It's GCC all the way down. Very Happy
Nah, I'd just use Clang/LLVM. Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours