BrandonW
I would like to know about the driver SmartView uses and the documentation and key codes. I would like to make it work with Wabbitemu.
Transport wrote:
BrandonW
I would like to know about the driver SmartView uses and the documentation and key codes. I would like to make it work with Wabbitemu.

http://brandonw.net/calcstuff/SmartViewInterface.txt
Haha, that was easy. Very Happy I would love to see SmartView support integrated into WabbitEmu; are you on the Wabbit team, Transport?
What driver does Smartview use and can you explain how it works?
No I'm not on the Wabbit team.
I have been emailing BuckeyeDude to find what is need to make it work.
Transport wrote:
What driver does Smartview use and can you explain how it works?
No I'm not on the Wabbit team.
I have been emailing BuckeyeDude to find what is need to make it work.

I can't speak to the PC component, but when the calculator appears as a SmartView Input Pad, I believe it's a HID device with one IN interrupt endpoint. That endpoint receives the 8-byte packets that contain the keypresses.

...I think. I don't have a disassembly pulled up at the moment, and it's been a while since I've looked at it.

What exactly is it that you're trying to do, make Wabbitemu accept keypresses from a real calculator the same way that SmartView does?
Yes
Thank You BrandonW
I would recommend that you run either SmView or TI's SmartPad Flash application, connect it to your PC, and observe the traffic that comes across.

You could use something like libusb to find the calculator and connect to it.
How would I observe the traffic?
There are USB sniffing programs that show you the traffic over the wire as it occurs.
Is there a free one you could suggest to me?
Is there a way to convert key codes?

Is there a name for these key codes? I wondered if I could convert these key codes to a keyboard key code?

http://brandonw.net/calcstuff/SmartViewInterface.txt

Is there a program that could do this?

Trying to use SmartView for Wabbitemu
Any Suggestions Question
Transport wrote:
Any Suggestions Question
Are you asking for software that already does the conversion, a conversion table of sorts, or what?
I still have no idea what you're getting at. The key codes used by TI-SmartView are arbitrary and can't be converted to Windows key codes, Wabbitemu keys, calculator _getKey codes, calculator _getCSC scan codes, or anything else. If you want to adapt what's in that table to something else, you need to do it yourself.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours