Well, this actually goes down a history... Razz
First, it was a xlib/BASIC.

and then it was like this:

and then I got the awful ram clear 8 months ago, utterly destroying my programming will.

and now, I'm reviving it as axe/basic! Very Happy

Progress so far with it: stylish number displaying test

Here's the characters info if you want to read:

YEONG
Specialty: Physical Strength

Hero of this game. Naive and hot tempered, he usually seems to take action without thinking. He set on a journey to defeat evil witch Malore once and for all. His main weapon is sword.

AMANDA
Specialty: Elemental Magic

She attends same school as Yeong, even though he doesn't seems to realize it. She is a class genius who use magic. She joins the party after Yeong saves her from evil Vice Principal. Her main weapon is rod.

LOGAN
Specialty: Speed\Evasion

He's Yeong's friend. He's also known as the "guy with great heist." His main weapon is dagger.

CODY
Specialty: Vast amount of HP

He's fat and lazy. He joins the party after Yeong helps him out of the trap. His main weapon is punch glove.

CICIL
Specialty: Healing Magic

She's the 11-year-old brat who already received the doctorate degree in medical science. Her main weapon is staff.

NIC'KAL
Specialty: Accuracy

He's the Native American who had been "chosen by their tribe god." Cicil makes fun of him every time. In fact, he's the chief's son. His main weapon is a bow.

SMARTY
Specialty: Upgrade

He's just a plain genius. His weapon is good ol' toolbox.

ARIAL
Specialty: Support Magic

She's the daughter of prophet of mystical land of Aquarius. She can either buff or deadly status magic depends what user choose. Her main weapon is wand.
Wow, that looks really good as it was. I hope that you can replicate what it looked like, but better. I like the characters, but am lacking in info about the storyline. As I understand it so far, Yeong must save the world/his school from the evil witch Malore. I have no Idea why Malore wants to destroy the world, but that seems like a good-ish enough motive. A bit more background would make it much more compelling.
I haven't post the storyline yet XD
yeongJIN_COOL wrote:
I haven't post the storyline yet XD

Oh, I got that from the screenies that you had posted of the old version.
How about you have the story build up, like in The Psyche, and just reveal a little bit every scene/task/quest?
This sounds cool!
Thank you all Very Happy
Also, I'm trying to implement sound as well. museinc ftw!
This could be called a progress XD
http://www.mediafire.com/?tuxm3a8isemb9sg
You can download the program here.
This is asm program (well, axe) and you probably want a earphone for this Wink
I don't know why the sound is distorted when the button is pressed D:
well, arrow key to move around, and clear to quit!

EDIT: can somebody explain me why the sound gets distorted?
EDIT2: Fixed! It was MOS messing with interrupts Razz
Fixed by adding FnOff at first line XD
Why are you running with MirageOS instead of Doors CS? Sad I hope you'll fix that soon; no reason to use an unstable, feature-poor shell when (in my asymptotically unfair and completely biased opinion) a much better alternative is available. Wink Great job, keep up the good work. Any new screenshots?
The fact is that I actually ran it from DCS7 but compiled axe programs MirageOS program D:
It ran fine in DCS7, but not in MirageOS itself even with interrupt turned off at the menu.
Many people still use MirageOS..(At least, in my school)
yeongJIN_COOL wrote:
The fact is that I actually ran it from DCS7 but compiled axe programs MirageOS program D:
It ran fine in DCS7, but not in MirageOS itself even with interrupt turned off at the menu.
Hehe, that's why people should be using Doors CS, then. Smile
Quote:
Many people still use MirageOS..(At least, in my school)
Then I task you with the personal responsibility of fixing that. Wink
Doors DCS7 is plenty more reliable than Mirage, I personally before finding Doors had a bad crash just opening Mirage, from then on I use Doors.
zeldaking wrote:
Doors DCS7 is plenty more reliable than Mirage, I personally before finding Doors had a bad crash just opening Mirage, from then on I use Doors.
I promise I'll stop de-railing Yeong's thread about his RPG after this post, but I want to tell a story about one of the things that convinced me to really stop using MirageOS at all and focus more on Doors CS development, back about 9 or 10 years ago. I had written a little game called Megaman (it's in my ticalc.org profile; it's a fun little set of three arcade-style games I had worked fairly hard on), and I wanted to transfer them to my computer and upload them to ticalc.org. Unfortunately, MirageOS had APD, so when I plugged in my SilverLink, MirageOS woke up and promptly crashed, presumably from failing to properly deal with link activity. With my RAM cleared and my game gone, I sadly spent a few days re-creating the game, only to have MirageOS randomly crash and delete it again. I deleted MirageOS, wrote my three games a third time, and never looked back.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours