While using cs, I encountered a problem. I am on the math print os from TI, and use cs5. After quitting cs, math print is disabled because cs still runs in the background. The only way I have been able to disable it is by turing on the inequal app and then quitting the inequal app so that no apps are running. Os ther an easier way to quit cs? Or is there another way to work around this issue?
DoorsCS 7 probably fixed that problem. i would not know Since I personally don't use it.
My bad, I meant cs7 ( thinking of adobe cs5...).
Oh. Then I have no idea. I personally would recommend downgrading from MP. I hate it, but I cant change because I use the Nspire in 84 mode..

Also there is DCS 7.2 beta 2 now . You might try that if that is not the version you are using.
The problem is that cs runs in the background even if you "exit" the interface. When you run unequal, there is the option to exit apps, thus forcing the problem. Is there a way to exit cs?
Why would you want too? The home run is very handy. Along with other things.
If you dont exit cs then you can't run mp. I need to run mp. No other option for me. End of line.
Ok..... I personally would sacrifice better graphics instead of doors. Personally KermM I could use some help here.
There are certain applications which require me to use mp, thus downgrading is not an option.
Oh. Weird. Which applications are you using? Mathprint is the most unstable OS there is. well except maybe the first, There are a lot of problems with MP operating System.
The only app is cs. I only run inequal to exit cs.
I meant which applications require you to have mathprint OS?
Which applications do you use that require MathPrint? You can turn MathPrint on by pressing MODE-[UP] and turning making sure MathPrint is on and not Classic. Also, please capitalize abbreviations, "mp" and "cs" don't really make much sense especially when they're not in context.

Also, I might add that you can do _everything_ that you can do in the MP OSs in the non-MP OSs, like 2.43.
Some of my classes. Instead of trying to change my opinion, can we try to solve the problem here?
Did the solution posted above work?
"cs" == "Computer Science". "Doors CS" == A shell for TI calculators. "cs" != "Doors CS" Smile

That said, so you are running the Inequal app (which, iirc, installs a hook) and Doors CS (Also installs a hook, not compatible, AFAIK) together? If you need to, you could use MP only for class, and then turn it off when you are done with it (same for Inequal). Also, to re-iterate what Souvik said, you know programming (right?), therefore you know how to rewrite Inequal to not use hooks and your own features. Personally, that's what I would do in your situation, because: Inequal _always_ crashed for me and extra experience is never bad when programming.

Edit: Aes clarified that you are using Inequal to disable Doors CS. If you go into the menu for Doors, you can find the Option button, and turn off "Celtic III/xLib/Omnicalc Hooks" and "Homerun Hooks", and that will, effectively, "disable" Doors.
Disabling the hooks works to "quit" CS7. Thanks
JPfowl wrote:
Disabling the hooks works to "quit" CS7. Thanks
Doors CS 7*. It's not called "CS 7" any more than Ubuntu 11.10 is called "10". Smile I don't understand what you mean by quitting Doors CS; when you quit, you've quit. Doors CS will happily let you keep MathPrint running when you're using the Homescreen (which isn't part of Doors CS). I'm glad to see (?) that your problem got resolved, but I'd like to understand what your problem was exactly better so I can help other people solve the same problem.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours