i'm new to slax and linux in general and i'm getting an error when booting... the error is "c6 error respawning too quick"

can someone please help me with this
I would suggest trying a different Linux distribution but if you are set on slax then my guess would be that your download is corrupted or that its kernel doesn't like your system.

But that is just a guess, if you could give us more context to the error we may be able to help you more. At what point in the booting process do you get that error, and is there anything else shown on the screen at that time?
ya its right after it says "starting X11 task manager" and then says suspended for 5 minutes
This topic, the very first Google result for your error, has some good tips. I don't recommend using Slax as a Linux newbie, though; you're better off with Arch or Ubuntu.
KermMartian wrote:
This topic, the very first Google result for your error, has some good tips. I don't recommend using Slax as a Linux newbie, though; you're better off with Arch or Ubuntu.
You mean Fedora or Ubuntu, Arch is a poor choice for beginners IMO.
I wrote:
Spud: can you capitalize your "I"s, proper nouns, and capitalize the beginning of your sentences. It will help people take you more seriously as a programmer if you have good grammar.

Hint hint.
Arch is a poor choice period.
Im actually about to make my second attempt at installing arch today. I tried yesterday, and I don't know how I did it, but i forgot to tell the installer to install the kernel. But on a side note, I would also recommend fedora or ubuntu.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours