seana11 wrote:
In pacman, the ghosts also try to trap you. They can go faster than you, but they can't corner as well, so they move around on the long pathways, and then trap you in the little curvy bits.

Keep in mind I'm talking about the original Pacman -- before tables were updated after the improved AI in Mrs. Pacman dominated the arcades' quarter intakes. Even you you *are* talking about the original arcade box version, 99% of those have been updated via expansion chips to actually be a challenge; it's *rare* to find an un-altered pacman table these days. As for the updated versions, yes, it is rather more complex (and it eats your quarters a lot faster in effect).
Ashbad wrote:
seana11 wrote:
In pacman, the ghosts also try to trap you. They can go faster than you, but they can't corner as well, so they move around on the long pathways, and then trap you in the little curvy bits.

Keep in mind I'm talking about the original Pacman -- before tables were updated after the improved AI in Mrs. Pacman dominated the arcades' quarter intakes. Even you you *are* talking about the original arcade box version, 99% of those have been updated via expansion chips to actually be a challenge; it's *rare* to find an un-altered pacman table these days. As for the updated versions, yes, it is rather more complex (and it eats your quarters a lot faster in effect).

I have a book that has strategies for the original PacMan, which is where I got this bit from. It also has stuff for space invaders, galaxian, etc.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours