So, when I haven't been dying at work (graveyard shift is tough stuff), I have been working on the book. It just hasn't been Phantom Sanctuary exactly. I looked back on my past writings and I realized a truth that I had long forgotten.

Phantom Sanctuary was supposed to be much simpler than it is now.

As a result, I decided to tweak the book a bit (pronounced: a lot). The book will now be titled 'The Labyrinthine Chronicles' and be separated into four parts: The Journalist, Image of Imperfection, Phantom Sanctuary, and Godslayer. While each of these parts are one continuous story, each part has a large gap of time in between them. [For example, the time gap between IOI and Phantom Sanctuary is 11 years.] Perhaps this is what I needed to complete the book (besides motivation): a little bit of trimming and streamlining. As a result of the added awesome, the price of the book will probably go up. We might hit the $20 range. Not sure yet. I must complete it first.

Post your thoughts, comments, rant, and "I hate you" notes. Very Happy

P.S. Now would be a good time to contact me if you want to be in The Journalist. I need another main character for this character-based part of the story. Basic synopsis: Harmony Hyde is a journalist working at a local publication. She stumbles on a classified Government archive and, instead of keeping her mouth shut, she publishes it. This is the story of how her and her son try to outrun the law.

P.S.S. Writing Godslayer was fun. Very Silent Hill in nature. Smile
You can use me if you want. Don't care about name or title, just think it will be cool to be in a book. Smile
Excellent! I'll start making the character for you soon. Anyone else feel up to the challenge? Anyone else want to be a part of something magical? Very Happy
How about me? Smile

Err... yeah, I'm probably not the best candidate `-`
You've been added. Very Happy
BUMP.

Read some of this and tell me what you think.
I'm about to erase it.

Quote:
The sun was just creeping over the horizon when a unkempt woman awoke from her sleep. Her memory still hazy, she tried recalling last night. What had happened? The last thing she remembered was rushing to finish her article; unfortunately, she ended up falling asleep on her keyboard again. The woman rubbed her eyes. After she could see again, her hand drifted to her cheek. Square impressions had checkered it like a quilt. (She swore she had felt the letter 'B' somewhere.) Still trying to wake up, her eyes strayed to the computer screen. Her article, still open and now filled with about fifty-two pages of spaces, was about how a rabbit had turned five. That was when she remembered how much her job sucked.
Harmony Hyde was a hard-hitting, no-nonsense journalist. Previously employed in a big-time publication in the City of Ridgeback, she was used to the "big stories": articles like government conspiracies, scandals, embezzlement and murder. Something about finding people's darkest secrets attracted her to them. It was the thrill of making a difference through something so small. However, it was that high-octane thrill that got her fired from her last job. Other major publications wouldn't even touch her now that she was labeled a "dangerous thrill-seeker" and that was Harmony's cue to leave town. Now, she lived in Bane – a small town on the outskirts of Labyrinth – and worked for the Bane Inquirer, a joke of a paper. The most controversial thing that this paper had printed was about when she got hired.
After grooming her article, Harmony cleaned off her keyboard and stood up, stretching out like a cat. The sun licked at her face and listened to the room. It was always deathly quiet in the office at five A.M and, while it drove Harmony mad from time to time, today it seemed tolerable. Reaching into her purse, she pulled out a compact mirror. She lifted it to eye level.
Snff.
Harmony froze.
No one else was supposed to be in here. Her ear perked up and she moved towards the restroom, the origin of the sound. As she got closer to the door, she heard a small sobbing echoing in the room. She slowly opened the door and saw her boss's purse on the floor.
"Felicia?" Harmony asked a stall. "Is that you?"
The sobbing stopped for a second. "Harmony?"
"Yeah, it's me."
"What-what are you doing here?" She asked, sniffling.
"I pulled an all-nighter. Had to finish an article about a rabbit."
"...I see. Are..." Harmony began. "Are you okay?"
Silence. Then, in a quiet tone, Felicia said:
"I just found out that my husband is a Celestial."
Harmony raised an eyebrow. "What's the problem with th-" She held her tongue for a moment as the reason came to light. "You wanted a child."
More sobbing.
"I mean," Felicia said throught the tears. "Magnus is a great guy; I'd do anything for him but-but if I can't have a child with him, what's the point of this marriage...? He doesn't even have the correct cells to do it artificially!"
Harmony held her tongue.
Great, as always. Now you just need to finish the rest! And keep updating us with little chunks like this Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours