Pizzaboy wrote:
Okay, what do you guys think of Asus N73SV?
http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/Multimedia_Entertainment/N73SV/

I can get it for REALLY cheap from importer, and I think it has good specs too.

Looks like a solid machine. Good specs, solid GPU, decent battery life (~4 hours of web surfing according to one review).

i5 + 4gb of RAM would be good configuration on the cheaper side. The quad core i7 is a bit on the overkill side IMHO, but it depends on your usage.
[quote]Okay, what do you guys think of Asus N73SV?
http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/Multimedia_Entertainment/N73SV/

I can get it for REALLY cheap from importer, and I think it has good specs too.[/quote]

I bought a Asus N53SV (VERY Similar [url]http://www.amazon.com/N53SV-XE1-15-6-Inch-Versatile-Entertainment-Aluminum/dp/B004KNVK84/ref=pd_cp_pc_1[/url]) about a month ago, and I absolutely love it. It has a 2nd gen i7, 4gb Ram, a decent graphics card, and a 4 hour battery (if you run battery saving mode, maybe 1.25 tops on Max performance. Depends on what you do.)

Yes, the i7 can be a bit overkill sometimes, but I came from a netbook wanting as much as I could get.

As you look at the pictures, you can see the keyboard is a little squished due to the num pad. However I still think it's great. The only other things that are bad about it are it's a bit on the heavy side, and the power port is on the back (good for desks, not for other places). And like any bigger laptop, it can get pretty hot. Not that bad though.

It's also PCworld's #1 All purpose laptop. They essentially say the same thing. A lot of bang for your buck, a bit of a weird keyboard. Also it's worth noting the faster Hard drive.

There's a lot of crapware on it though, but it's pretty easy to get off. And *some* of it isn't that bad.
Crapware? Who cares. The first thing you should do is throw Fedora on it.

You probably don't need the i7.
*bump* So it turns out Pizza got the N73SV, and he is very happy with it. Another Cemetech win!
I found my sis a nice, 2 year old (refurbished from newegg) MSI laptop, and it seems to run nicely. It can run MC fullscreen with max view distance Razz

Nvidia 8400 GS.
4Gb Ram
Core 2 Duo

Oh, and I got it for $500.

Let me see.....

However, this one looks much nicer Razz $700, so on the low end of your range, but Phenom II x4!
www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152257

Edit: Darn, too late Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours