Is anyone else a Skrillex fan?

I have a feeling you guys might like this too.
The first song you posted was was a bit industrial for my tastes. The second song was pretty decent I'm enjoying that.

I've been trying to get into this type of genre but most of it is just too industrial, I've got similar artists I am starting to listen to but I don't intend to hijack a thread.
I liked the ambiance of the second song, but I thought the percussion was a bit too overpowering, especially at the beginning. Thanks for sharing these with us, Progbeard!
@comicIDIOT, by all means, share it here.

Yeah, I really enjoyed the second one the most. Listening to it again, I can see how the breakbeat part might be overpowering, but I like it. :3 In case you were interested in finding more like it, it's part of a "genre" of EDM called intelligent dance music (IDM). Not really a genre though, more like a container meaning "odd pieces of EDM usually with ambience that don't really fit in another subgenre."
I'll search for IDM as well. I'm loving Pop Dance Music, Electronic Dance Music and the such, so IDM seems pretty fitting.

I've recently found Swedish House Mafia.

I've been a fan of BT for a while, but his songs aren't as heavy hitting as anything else in this thread, but I think it fits in with the IDM idea in a way it could be IEM?
I really dig both of them. I'm sharing the first one on Facebook. But the BT one really resonates with me.

While I'm here, I might as well throw deadmau5 out there. Some of the best house EDM you're gonna find.

Being primarily a rock fan, I prefer big beat:

My tastes lie more in EBM, which Wikipedia claims is a style "that combines elements of industrial music and electronic dance music." Likely that the clean vocals strike my fancy particularly well with EBM.
Here's VNV Nation's 'Chrome' to give an example:

Some good stuff in this thread nonetheless, but for general listening I usually prefer things with lyrics.

So dirty.
That Harry Potter dubstep remix was excellent, as was the Lord of the
Rings dubstep that was a related video. I also am a DeadMau5 fan, by the way. And BenRyves, that second video of yours was weird and cool.

Not dance music, but I saw Skrillex up top and just had to add more dubstep.
Progbeard wrote:

So dirty.

Dude that would so awesome if you took that opening, and continued with a heavy metal rock opera remix, I'm talking electric guitars absolutely screaming.
DShiznit wrote:
Progbeard wrote:

Dude that would so awesome if you took that opening, and continued with a heavy metal rock opera remix, I'm talking electric guitars absolutely screaming.

I've had that song for many years, Ultimate Dev'r; it's one of my favorite hard rock remixes. Smile And thanks for bumping this and giving me a chance to listen to that HP dubstep again.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours