0rac343 wrote:
Hahaha yeah it is my first public project, that I plan to actually release to the general community. And yes its quite large. I estimate finished with all the data and player data, it'll be nearly 13k of RAM. So quite large. And to answer the question its menu based, unfortunately. No graphics at all, but this RPG aims at being more into different monsters and different "events" and turning it in to get a prize. So I tried to put in a new kind of spin to a regular old RPG system. And um being as it is my first public project, I don't know how to post screenies... XD heheh help????

Edit:
I guess since its all menus, Home screen?

I mean absolutely no disrespect or otherwise here, but the bolded line made me chuckle, since pokemon is well over 100kb in size right now :p

Don't feel too bad though, my very first game was a menu based RPG. Wasn't the best on the planet, mainly because I used it to learn a bit about tibasic. Interesting ideas for the rpg, though. Once you finish up this text based version, I'd push for something a little more graphical as your next step.
tifreak8x wrote:
0rac343 wrote:
Hahaha yeah it is my first public project, that I plan to actually release to the general community. And yes its quite large. I estimate finished with all the data and player data, it'll be nearly 13k of RAM. So quite large. And to answer the question its menu based, unfortunately. No graphics at all, but this RPG aims at being more into different monsters and different "events" and turning it in to get a prize. So I tried to put in a new kind of spin to a regular old RPG system. And um being as it is my first public project, I don't know how to post screenies... XD heheh help????

Edit:
I guess since its all menus, Home screen?

I mean absolutely no disrespect or otherwise here, but the bolded line made me chuckle, since pokemon is well over 100kb in size right now :p

Don't feel too bad though, my very first game was a menu based RPG. Wasn't the best on the planet, mainly because I used it to learn a bit about tibasic. Interesting ideas for the rpg, though. Once you finish up this text based version, I'd push for something a little more graphical as your next step.

It's alright sir tifreak8x, I respect your opinion and I admire your 1337 coding skills. Very Happy Anything that the community has to say I will gladly take. And since Pokemon is over 100kb, I guess I should edit my post to say "at 13kb its quite miniscule" Razz
And after this game I would like to mave to Axe/Basic hybrid game.
I strongly recommend against hybrid stuff until you get a better handle on BASIC. If all you have accomplished is menu based programs/games, you still need to work on making characters move around the screen and a great deal more.
tifreak8x wrote:
I strongly recommend against hybrid stuff until you get a better handle on BASIC. If all you have accomplished is menu based programs/games, you still need to work on making characters move around the screen and a great deal more.

you mean something (at a very basic level) like this?
(sorry its not formatted)

Code:
:4->A:8->B
:Lbl 00
:Output(A,B,"O
:Repeat Ans
:getkey
:End
:Ans->K
:Output)A,B,"_"
:A-(K=25)+(K=34->A
:B-(K=24)+(K=26->B
:Goto 00

Edit by Kerm: Please use [code] tags!
That, and you need to know how to make loops without labels. Wink
souvik1997 wrote:
That, and you need to know how to make loops without labels. Wink
Indeed, specifically the proper use of Repeat, While, and For. Also, please use [code] tags around your code. Finally, I was sorry to hear that you experienced some data loss on your project at school today. Sad
Sorry Kerm. I didn't know about the code tag haha, I wasn't paying attention. And Yes I DO need to learn the use of while, repeat and for etc.
0rac343 wrote:
Sorry Kerm. I didn't know about the code tag haha, I wasn't paying attention. And Yes I DO need to learn the use of while, repeat and for etc.
Although it's very, very old at this point, and quite embarrassing to be too frank, you can take a look at my BASIC tutorial:

http://www.cemetech.net/projects/btutor/btutor.php#13WR
New progress and news:
1) This project is not dead. I am still working on it just not on a large scale.
2) I am currently having to recode sections since my Ti-84 failed me for the first time.
3) I am almost done with the four seasons. Once that is done, I will implement the storyline and the optional part of the game.
4) New ideas I would like to put in: Minigames, and maybe item usage inside battles.

EDIT:
I am going to revamp the GUI using DCSlibs. (Horay for Kerm!)
Sounds cool! Is there already a beta?
erm, i don't get how to absolve a quest..... and there are no enemies!
You go to quests and click finish, if you have the required items. And what do you mean by no monsters? You just go out and explore and events are randomly generated?
whoops, just found out. Bit hard to understand at the biginning. Smile
Yeah sorry. But I'll change that with DCSLib. But please feedback is welcome thats why its only a beta Razz
Ok, is there any other possibility to get items except from finding them randomly? If no, It sucks if you wait for one Item... :/ And fall is a bit buggy.... and I found another bug that is also in summer: If you die it quits the program, but if you enter it again and say that you have played it already then you continue, only that your hitpoints are negative. But if there comes a random enemy you can run away and hav again full hitpoints and can continue playing. Smile
Got it thanks Sorunome. I'll work on that. Very Happy And btw, only Summer is truly finished. Fall is half done, Spring and winter aren't started at all. Razz
Oh, i see. And that item stuff?
Possibly. Can't guarantee it in the next release because then that'd be too big of a change. Sadly I am not that good of a coder.
OH. And I have another good idea: make it possible that all the programs are normally in archive. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours