TheStorm wrote:
DShiznit wrote:
could you use the hand crank to power an AC wall wart which can then charge the device of your choice?
I doubt the generator can provide anywhere near 120V. Though some of the circuitry from one of those may be useful.
That's was my question, do you have to hit the full 120V for the converter to work, or just the amount you're converting to?
Those transformers in the wall warts need the full 120V, though if he bypassed the transformer the rest of the circuit should only require you to be within the proper range, in fact the circuit Kerm posted is most likely very similar to what is in the wall wart.

Edit: Yay I actually learned something in Devices this year, who would have thought. Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours