I went to Walmart to the calculator area and placed my index finger over one of the nspire alpha keys without taking the calculator out of the container or buying it. Yup, my finger tip covered that key and each key on both sides at the same time. For those of you who have an nspire (I don't) how do you use that keyboard without makeing a lot of input errors? I mean how do you press only one key? Like do you use a stylus to press those tiny buttons, or glue something to the end of your finger? Maybe some peoples fingers are small enough that it isn't a problem but it would seem to be for me. So whats going on here? Confused
Oh, I absolutely hate the character keys on my Nspire. Somehow, my friend loves them and has learned how to type efficiently with them. For me, it is one of the main reasons I don't use my Nspire for much, though that will probably change next year when I have math again. It is probably one of those things where you have to just learn how to do it correctly, *shrug*.
That's an excellent point, Dingus; I've often wondered the same thing. I think that's why the newer Nspires (maybe it's only the CAS ones?) have a separate alpha keypad at the bottom of the device.
ack, don't get me started, I keep on misspelling the most basic of words and commands ><

3+6 turns into rd3ty+yu6op (not really, but you get my point >.>)
qazz42 wrote:
ack, don't get me started, I keep on misspelling the most basic of words and commands ><

3+6 turns into rd3ty+yu6op (not really, but you get my point >.>)

So it is not just me then. One of the reasons I didn't buy the nspire is because I thought I would have a problem with those tiny close spaced keys and it sounds like I made the right decision.
It looks like it would be a slight PITA to use but with a bit of time you should be able to learn it and hit the keys with minimal fumble finger.
madmax2069 wrote:
It looks like it would be a slight PITA to use but with a bit of time you should be able to learn it and hit the keys with minimal fumble finger.
You could never really type fast on them, though; I (and many of my peers) learned to type very fast on our TI-83+s as coders back in the day.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours