Do it?
Yes
 83%  [ 10 ]
No
 16%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 12

Hi,

I am thinking of a Paper Mario game for the 84.
What about it?

-- aeTIos --
hey why not, i say give it a whirl

will you be using gray scale ? i think that will add to the paper mario feel if done right. don't want it to end up being just another super mario bros.
...I voted by accident no, it meant to be yes, srry, its a nice idea! make it, it'll be awsome! Smile
It will have depth, so that will be okay for the paper mario feel. I'm not really sure about grayscale (for speed, I program in Axe)
aeTIos wrote:
Hi,

I am thinking of a Paper Mario game for the 84.
What about it?

-- aeTIos --
Can you be more precise about what this would entail? What would the obstacles be? Would you write it in BASIC or ASM?
Okay.

So, I want to write a Paper Mario game for the TI-8x series. It will be in Axe.

The obstacles might be the 3D and the fighting.
So, this will be in 2.5 D and more like 'layered'.
That makes sense. Single-player, I presume? Out of curiousity, why Axe instead of ASM? Familiarity with the former?
I am more into Axe. I just started ASM ~1.5 weeks ago. The only sense-making program I have made is a getKey checker Smile
This would definetely be awesome. And since paper mario didn't require you to see huge amounts of the map at once, more detailed sprites!
Sure do it since everything is 2-d anyways. (on the calc)
Although I have a hard time seeing 3d obstacles?
Rotational support? Physics? Gravity? Jumping, moving and turning like I mentioned if you have a 2d Mario with 3d objects?
aeTIos wrote:
I am more into Axe. I just started ASM ~1.5 weeks ago. The only sense-making program I have made is a getKey checker Smile
That's no reason not to push yourself to learn more, though, in my opinion! Smile I can understand if you'd rather not use a game this complex as your first ASM project, though.
I like the idea of this and I voted but, I do not believe that I was qualified to vote because I have never played paper mario. I think you should do what you think is best for your capabilities. Try it, make sure you like it and then decide if you want to keep going. Can't wait to see this in action if you decide to keep the idea of course.
Im curious to see what paper mario would look like on a calc. I think you should go with it.
basicman wrote:
I like the idea of this and I voted but, I do not believe that I was qualified to vote because I have never played paper mario. I think you should do what you think is best for your capabilities. Try it, make sure you like it and then decide if you want to keep going. Can't wait to see this in action if you decide to keep the idea of course.
Definitely, that's a sane way to think about it. Indeed, I think that if you aren't having fun working on a calculator project, then there's very little point in you doing so, because over than fame and notoriety, why make calculator games? Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours