1) That's an unfortunate effect of the AI routines written with 32-bit math for 16-bit registers on an 8-bit processor. It happens almost never for me, did it happen often for you?
4) This was on only a single calculator?

Edit: I solved the problem with "Player aiming..."; turns out I was cutting off the eighth name character by accident. That leaves only the issue with the game ending with more than one tank still alive.
KermMartian wrote:
1) That's an unfortunate effect of the AI routines written with 32-bit math for 16-bit registers on an 8-bit processor. It happens almost never for me, did it happen often for you?
4) This was on only a single calculator?

Edit: I solved the problem with "Player aiming..."; turns out I was cutting off the eighth name character by accident. That leaves only the issue with the game ending with more than one tank still alive.

1) I see. It's happened a few times. Especially if I miss the tank completely or it is in the bottom of a valley and there is a lot of pixels between us.
4) Yes. All of these are.
I'm gonna try this, looks awesome, congratz Kerm Smile
4) I'm having difficulty replicating this, but I'll keep trying tomorrow.

2n2u: That's great, thanks! I hope you enjoy it.

Edit: I've played the single-player mode enough to be confident that the non-rotating tank turret problem is no longer present. I still can't seem to replicate the issue with the game ending prematurely, though, but Graphmastur said he might have a screenshot.
Toward the end of this is when it happens. The main idea is that it doesn't explode, when it hits the bottom. With the exception that the AI tank loses. It's happened twice now, both not screenshoted, so I'm not totally delusional. (Well, that's still debatable) Anyway, long screenie. Just look towards the end when I quit the game.
Graphmastur, are you suggesting that there's a connection with projectiles hitting the bottom without exploding and the premature game-over bug?
KermMartian wrote:
Graphmastur, are you suggesting that there's a connection with projectiles hitting the bottom without exploding and the premature game-over bug?

Well, that's when it happened the first time. I'm not exactly sure what happened the second time. I don't think it hit the bottom, but I'm pretty sure it didn't explode either.
This has happened to me before, too. It was just me and an AI left. The AI shot and it went off the bottom of the screen (there was no terrain left at the bottom), and it said that the AI lost.
merthsoft wrote:
This has happened to me before, too. It was just me and an AI left. The AI shot and it went off the bottom of the screen (there was no terrain left at the bottom), and it said that the AI lost.

Yay, so I'm not delusional!
Merth, graphmastur, thanks very much for helping me narrow this down more. I think I know what the problem is now, thanks to your clarifications. I will edit this post when I manage to replicate it.

Edit: And voila! Straight through the bottom of the screen, and I magically win the game. Now to trace and fix.

Edit #2: Traced and fixed! You guys are great, thanks for making my life much saner it terms of finding this. I think I'll be able to release Obliterate v1.0 tomorrow.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours