Welcome to Cemetech! Be sure to Introduce Yourself. Also, not to be critical, but you necroposted this thread. Smile

xcldx wrote:
Well, if you think from a standpoint that you're doing it from within your own computers... What about computers that have restricted access to certain filetypes and such (like schools or something of the sort). I know that it can be argued that "Then you shouldn't be doing it there in the first place.", but I'm just taking a stab at the idea, since I don't know how many people learned their programming skills by messing around (nothing of misdemeanor, though) with the computers at school, like I have done before.
I'm sure many people like myself who didn't have a computer at home or were unable to use their home computer for programming learned to get around their school or library computers to work on their programming.

Quote:
It's similar to how I've seen people struggle back then when the school computers have Office versions that uses the XML filetypes (*.docx, *.pptx, *.xlsx), and their home computers are using the older ones, and usually the schools won't allow download or installing of programs (for good reason), so people would tend to look for an online solution.
Indeed, and those often are good solutions. That's more a one-time solution mechanism, though, whereas this would be for a tool with repeated use.
Copy an assembler, linked, and your favorite editor (mine is Notepad++) to some removable disk (I like the wifi drive iPhone app "Flash Drive", $0.99 USD). Problem solved. My school hates me. They know I'm shady, but they can never catch me. Let's just say their computers don't stand a chance to PowerShell. *flex*
Progbeard wrote:
Copy an assembler, linked, and your favorite editor (mine is Notepad++) to some removable disk (I like the wifi drive iPhone app "Flash Drive", $0.99 USD). Problem solved. My school hates me. They know I'm shady, but they can never catch me. Let's just say their computers don't stand a chance to PowerShell. *flex*
Haha, good move. Smile I used to use fun tricks to use Word or IExplorer's help menu to open an explorer window on my floppy disk to write ASM at libraries.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours