alex10819 wrote:
yup... except i use IE sometimes... (for a while, FF was refusing to start... the process was running but not the task... go figure..)

if you've just installed several extensions (or similar) for FF, it takes alot longer to start (but only for that next time, as it has to "install" them)

it usually takes about 5 to 15 seconds to start for me (Athlon XP 2500) after i install a couple extensions (normally it comes up almost instantly)
no, no extensions were installed... it was just one of those things... (since then i discovered my HD had some severe errors in it... )
ouch, that isn't good (of course, that is why I bought my 300gb
Oooh, ouch. Yeah, it comes up instantly, even when it's Portable Firefox off my Flash drive.
does portable firefox have the built in IRC client?
or you could use Konqueror or Safari (the only two browsers to pass Acid2). Both use the KHTML engine. Konqueror is for *nix. Safari is mac only.....for that matter you could use HotJava, which I think is free, and is available from Sun Microsystems.
alex10819 wrote:
does portable firefox have the built in IRC client?

Portable Firefox has everything and anything Firefox has.
hmm... i see...

poor CDI is stuck using chat.efnet.org...
yeah, I hateit when I have to use it (it has been done)
I <3 trillian...
I like it to, except the IRC part, it doesn't DCC or CTCP with the bots
Yeah, that bothers me too.
I use mIRC, and you never have to buy it, it just bothers you to register
KermMartian wrote:
I <3 trillian...

i used to, but GAIM has captured my heart!
Quote:
I like it to, except the IRC part, it doesn't DCC or CTCP with the bots

Not true! I use trillian to download the latest subbed episodes of naruto off of irc using xdcc.
Hmmm, must be a plugin that I don't have then.
KermMartian wrote:
Hmmm, must be a plugin that I don't have then.

or you (or the server/person you wanted to download from) was behind a firewall, and a connection therefore couldn't be established (one of the two ppl must have an active connection)
Ah, that must be it then.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours