His Story and Your Story so far (I love bad puns. Razz):
Seven generations ago, a devastating plague hit the Earth. It was from the Alpha, the benevolent Creator. However, he is not in the right mind, having been possessed by an evil spirit spawning from one of The Alpha's experiments gone wrong. Fortunately, the Alpha regained his senses for a short time due to the immensity of the devastation. He summoned his last reserves of energy and put himself into a deep sleep. This the evil spirit will be stuck in him, yet unable to use the Alpha's massive power for 200 years. The plague caused the rich nobles to escape into the heavens, and built structures in the skies. Meanwhile the middle class struggled to survive on Earth. Due to an alarming lack of natural resources, they forced the Peasants and poorer families underground, where they live to this day, little more than beasts. Sadly, the 200 years are almost up, and signs of the Alpha's reawakening are emerging.
You come from a the noble family of Regulus. You have been chosen to descend from the heavens and extract the evil spirit from the Alpha without harming him. The stars will guide you and your sword from the heavens will defend you. There are five Time Portals hidden where none but the bravest men on the Earth will dare journey to. These Portals will be crucial to your success. Good luck, Traveler...

The Story beginning for Part one is:
The Regulus family has always been devout believers of the Alpha, and have been spreading the news about his return. However, the ruling empire doesn't wish this to be told, they have sent their top two assassins to raze your house and kill the family. You however, by lucky chance, escaped. You have set out to avenge your family, before you stand up to the threat of The Evil Spirit's reawakening.

And the latest Screenshot:
Sounds like quite a fun story, Yunhua, and nice screenshot. Are you using a pre-built tilemapper/RPG engine for Axe (I assume this is Axe) or did you make an original one? Good luck on this; I look forward to your updates.
Yeah, its in Axe, and I made it myself.
Are you implying there are pre-built ones though?
yunhua98 wrote:
Yeah, its in Axe, and I made it myself.
Are you implying there are pre-built ones though?
I'm not sure, but there seem to be a lot of grayscale Axe tilemapper-based games under development, so if there isn't one yet, I think that would be a good niche for someone's project to fill, something powerful and extensible that other programmers could use to create quick RPGs. Of course, there's always the danger that tons of lower-quality works will then be churned out, but I think the benefits outweigh the dangers.
Hmmm... Maybe I could try that once I get farther in to coding this thing. Wink
yunhua98 wrote:
Hmmm... Maybe I could try that once I get farther in to coding this thing. Wink
That's an excellent idea; you seem in a good position to do so, since you already have (most of??) an engine in place.
That is a pretty cool screen shot, and I like the start of your story. I am beginning to think that I should start using some ASM. I do not think that I will though, at least not until I complete some good basic games. Good luck on this project, I would like to see more of it after further progress.
basicman wrote:
That is a pretty cool screen shot, and I like the start of your story. I am beginning to think that I should start using some ASM. I do not think that I will though, at least not until I complete some good basic games. Good luck on this project, I would like to see more of it after further progress.
That's a very. very smart move; I often recommend that to BASIC programmers who get attracted by ASM. Make sure you master BASIC first before you start attempting ASM.
basicman wrote:

Actually thats in Axe. I would recmoomend it, its almost as easy as BASIC and makes ASM-like games. Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours