I just made a quick memory viewer for 83+/84+ series Smile Like Calcsys, it shows you the hex and ASCII of your memory. Like Calcsys, you can:
use +, -, /, * to jump by $100 and $1000.

Some other features I included with it have:
Decimal display of byte
Decimal display of two-byte number (little endian)
Binary display of byte
8x8 sprite of the current row of bytes
Hex display of memory address
Decimal display of memory address
For Axe users, the current saferam area+its offset (press L1-L6 to access them)
For Axe users, the variables that Axe uses (press XT0N to get there)
Quick key to get to the current mem bank ($4000...press 8 to jump there)
Search for any program/appvar (press MODE to open the search menu, use Alpha to toggle input mode between uppercase, lowercase, and hex)
Search for 8 byte strings, hex or ASCII
Swapping of mem banks (press Y= and use arrow keys)

Run with Asm() (or with Doors Razz)

download here

edit: is there any way to attach files directly to posts?
What language is this programmed in? It looks cool, although a bit crowded.
Quote:

edit: is there any way to attach files directly to posts?

There is no way to do that, but you can use a file hosting website.
It's programmed in Axe.
Yeah, the screen's a bit crowded: I tried to add a rectanglular outline around the actual mem portion of the screen to make it more organized but it didn't work very well >.>
If it's ready for release, just upload it to the file archives in a zip with a readme. Smile This looks great, although as Souvik said, it feels quite crowded. Do I correctly deduce that it's written in Axe?
Indeed it is Smile I agree with all the above statements about crowdedness, but it seems very well built Smile
Another thought I just had: your GUI seems very simple and clean, but I'd imagine it takes a substantial amount of code to do all that; perhaps things would be a little smaller and easier with some DCS GUI code? Wink Anyway, how's the project going?
Hmm, that might be an option Smile
Anyway, I'm feeling it's pretty much done. I might turn it into a hex editor (not too hard) and I want to add a function that 'zeros' the offset.
I just now noticed that it displays sprites of the next 8 bytes. Would it be too difficult to/would you care to let us edit those sprites? I think that would be helpful so one could edit their main character in a game, among other things. I'd also like to be able to just start typing characters, and it would edit those in there. One thing I never really liked about Calcsys was that you had to edit one byte, move over, and edit another.
It's pretty easy to drop out sprites by direct memory modification, isn't it? And even if you're not that good at it, if you make a mistake, you'll visually see it immediately. Smile
Okeydokey, looks like I've got everything done! More than 1 byte editing at a time (caps at 8, sorry Razz) as well as sprite editing Surprised
Added to the archives, waiting approval.
This looks great!
I love it Very Happy
Thanks.
Btw, here's a dl link if you don't want to wait for it to get to archives Razz

Edit: I just found a rather serious bug: trying to change a byte to $00 leads to a ram clear Sad
That's a pretty big bug o.o Do you have any idea why it does so? Are you sure you aren't editing one of your Axe variables?
Nah, I figured it out >.>
Basically, the way the engine handles editing is that it converts the ASCII hex to numerical values, then copies the data based on the length of the data (with 0 being the null ending value) to the cursor position. Unfortunately, it doesn't like copying data of length 0. In the new version, I added a manual override, but note that if you enter $8000 for example, only the $80 part will be copied :\

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours