Works perfectly fine for me..
it seems to be fixeded
My site was DDoS'd. I don't know by who or why.

brandonw.net and wikiti.brandonw.net were explicitly targeted, so it was either somebody in the calculator community, or somebody in the PS3 community that quickly googled me and saw I had those two domains and then attacked them.

My vote is on the latter. There are a lot of immature people in that community, including spammers that throw around talk and accusations in others' names to make them look bad; I know they did that with my name, and the DDoS is probably just another hit to me.

My host would not re-enable the domain until I upgraded to a VPS -- I did not upgrade, but for some reason it now works. And I didn't expect WikiTI to come back up, but apparently it did.

I don't really understand why they're back up right now, but at least they are.

Sorry for the inconvenience everyone.
Glad it's back up. I hope you have made tons of backups now of wikiti?
BrandonW wrote:
My site was DDoS'd. I don't know by who or why.

brandonw.net and wikiti.brandonw.net were explicitly targeted, so it was either somebody in the calculator community, or somebody in the PS3 community that quickly googled me and saw I had those two domains and then attacked them.

My vote is on the latter. There are a lot of immature people in that community, including spammers that throw around talk and accusations in others' names to make them look bad; I know they did that with my name, and the DDoS is probably just another hit to me.

My host would not re-enable the domain until I upgraded to a VPS -- I did not upgrade, but for some reason it now works. And I didn't expect WikiTI to come back up, but apparently it did.

I don't really understand why they're back up right now, but at least they are.

Sorry for the inconvenience everyone.

Yeah, I remember when they started spamming the calc community for that one day... and I can back you up on that because I visited one of the channels regarding ps3 stuff.... bad idea
Wait, really? I must have been offline that day. Sad BrandonW, I'm very happy to hear that WikiTI is back for now. Smile
I still want to know, did Merth REALLY accidentally DDoS cemetech?
Yup. Well, it was just a DoS, not a DDos.
lol I find that funny Razz
They probably DDoS'ed your site because they were upset that you did not reply to everyone asking basic questions already answered in the FAQ and readmes or because they bricked their console due to not reading the ps3jb instructions first and decided to shift the blame on you. Razz

Not to be paranoid, though, but would there be any chances that it could be TI or Sony? Razz

Either way, I'm glad the site is back up and sorry that this happened to you. X.x
I do indeed feel that both TI and Sony have the motive, but DDoSing a site doesn't seem like something they would do for fear of the legal ramifications. I feel lawyering up is more their style. I too am very happy to have this valuable reference back; have you ever considered mirroring it somewhere?
KermMartian wrote:
I do indeed feel that both TI and Sony have the motive, but DDoSing a site doesn't seem like something they would do for fear of the legal ramifications. I feel lawyering up is more their style. I too am very happy to have this valuable reference back; have you ever considered mirroring it somewhere?

Yeah, TI already f***ed up by sending the DMCAs... Sony.. is Sony.. I don't think they really care. It has to be someone in the ps3 community
Well, I think it's a little presumptuous to ad-hom TI that way; yes, they made a bad decision, but they thought they knew what they were doing. I agree that it's probably some immature PS3 user, though.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours