ClrDraw{r}
Rect(0,0,94,B){r}
For(A,0,767
{L6+A} or {L3+A}->{L3+A
End
L3->DispGraph
B-1->B
End
Ok, I see what it does, but where do you want me to put it in my code?
Not to be completely RAM hungry, but you could try storing the main menu to L1 and then using your Rect() mask, you could get out the portion you needed of it, and save it to L3.
I still don't completely understand what you are trying to tell me. Sad
Does Axe not have buffer shifting/screen shifting the way the hybrid libraries for BASIC do?
KermMartian wrote:
Does Axe not have buffer shifting/screen shifting the way the hybrid libraries for BASIC do?

Axe has that, which can be used with Horizontal +, Horizontal -, Vertical +, and Vertical -. I use Horizontal - in my program to shift the screen to the left.

KermMartian wrote:
souvik1997 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
A suggestion: even though in your code, higher difficulty / speed numbers mean slower/easier, I would be less confused it you would invert that for the main menu, so that lower "speed" numbers are slower.

I'll do that, thanks for your suggestion.
My pleasure. Also, would it be possible for either the main menu to scroll away faster, or the gameplay to begin while the main menu is scrolling away? I think I'd prefer the latter.

I think I could do that by copying the screen to the back buffer, but i would have to disable the Pause feature (as it uses the back buffer) until the menu is completely gone. Razz
Don't you use the same method to scroll the in-game screen? Why can't you just scroll the main menu half-off the screen, then begin the normal gameplay with the main menu still finishing the second half of its scroll?
Because the string is at (42,A) (pixels) , where A is the height of the string, and that coordinate is in the first half of the screen (if you divide it vertically).

Edit: Now that I think about it, that could be possible, although it won't look very good.
If you scroll the main menu 96-42=54 or more pixels off the screen before you start displaying the string, then it will work fine, in my opinion.
KermMartian wrote:
If you scroll the main menu 96-42=54 or more pixels off the screen before you start displaying the string, then it will work fine, in my opinion.

I just tried that, and it worked! Thanks! Very Happy
souvik1997 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

I just tried that, and it worked! Thanks! Very Happy
My pleasure, I'm glad we figured out a relatively straightforward way to make this work. Smile
Version 1.0 has been released on Cemetech and hopefully ticalc.org soon.

The ticalc.org file upload form isn't working, so I think I'll have to tell Nikky about that. Razz
souvik1997 wrote:
Version 1.0 has been released on Cemetech and hopefully ticalc.org soon.

The ticalc.org file upload form isn't working, so I think I'll have to tell Nikky about that. Razz
I see the link below at Cemetech, but that seems to be for 1.0 beta 1 rather than the final 1.0 version...?

http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/83plus/asm/games/Itotooshi-1.0.zip
I submitted the final version today. :/
souvik1997 wrote:
I submitted the final version today. :/
Oddly enough, it's not in the pending queue, so either something went wrong, or tifreak or Rivereye already rejected it for some reason. Sad
Ok, I will resubmit it later when I can.
souvik1997 wrote:
Ok, I will resubmit it later when I can.
Excellent, thanks. Smile
Resubmitted, and the ticalc.org file upload form still isn't working. Sad

Download: http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/83plus/asm/games/Itotooshi-1.0.zip
souvik1997 wrote:
Resubmitted, and the ticalc.org file upload form still isn't working. Sad

Download: http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/83plus/asm/games/Itotooshi-1.0.zip
Sorry to hear it Sad and huzzah1 Smile respectively.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 5 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours