Just so everyone knows, this is NOT a hack, the discussion between me an Sonlen over hacked roms was about a Pokemon game.This is an attempt to revive someones dead Zelda project for PC and make it from scratch in C++ for the GBA there is nothing illegal about it.
Anakclusmos wrote:
Just so everyone knows, this is NOT a hack, the discussion between me an Sonlen over hacked roms was about a Pokemon game.This is an attempt to revive someones dead Zelda project for PC and make it from scratch in C++ for the GBA there is nothing illegal about it.

Give up, OOT is copyright material of Nintendo, therefore anything with the Legend of Zelda is illegal, bottom line, nothing else to say.
You're infringing on somebody's IP. Continue if you must, but don't be surprised if you get served with a cease and desist letter. It does happen. (10 Big Myths about copyright explained may also prove interesting reading).
oh really Sonlen? I gues you should stop making you Zelda game for TI and Kerm should stop making DoorsCS because of ideas taken from Windows :p
This and most fan games made for any platform are arguably illegal if they contain copyrighted materials, however the involved company may not care if the infringing project generates no revenue.

As for DoorsCS, it's completely fine. The operating system itself may have copyrights or trademarks, but the individual components themselves do not.
Sorry KeithJohanson, this has already been settled.Someones just forgotten to close it.Though I'd agree with your statement.My game will be opensourced and freeware so i wont earn a penny.
Anakclusmos wrote:
oh really Sonlen? I gues you should stop making you Zelda game for TI and Kerm should stop making DoorsCS because of ideas taken from Windows :p

Actually Windows took the idea from Apple, which was taken from Lisa(might be more to that name) and I never said anything would happen for making the game, just saying it was illegal in legal terms.
KeithJohansen wrote:
This and most fan games made for any platform are arguably illegal if they contain copyrighted materials, however the involved company may not care if the infringing project generates no revenue.

As for DoorsCS, it's completely fine. The operating system itself may have copyrights or trademarks, but the individual components themselves do not.
Funnily enough, the concept of the GUI was first commercialized by Microsoft and Apple, Apple in the Lisa computer, and Apple actually stole the concept from something that Xerox was working on. Read more:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphical_user_interface
KermMartian wrote:
KeithJohansen wrote:

Funnily enough, the concept of the GUI was first commercialized by Microsoft and Apple, Apple in the Lisa computer, and Apple actually stole the concept from something that Xerox was working on. Read more:

I missed Xerox, I knew there was another one. >.<
KermMartian wrote:
KeithJohansen wrote:

Very true, but thanks to those shenanigans, nowadays I doubt anybody's gonna sue you for using a taskbar, or a file-folder system, or a mouse, or any such GUI elements Wink
Black Mesa Source
That is all I have to say.
I dunno. Packer and the team haven't received a C&D for http://www.indiedb.com/games/zelda-world yet.
I refus to attempt to do anything with Anakclusmos anymore. I could go on about reasons, but that would start a flame war, so all I will say is we can't get along for more then 15 minutes a day (if that long).
Razz fine with me, I was just trying to make you feel important, i can do it myself easily

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours