Dang Kerm! I really wish I'd heard all the hype while you were working on this! Really impressive to see the result of Calc Net's development. I look forward to see what people do with this.
adept wrote:
Dang Kerm! I really wish I'd heard all the hype while you were working on this! Really impressive to see the result of Calc Net's development. I look forward to see what people do with this.
Thanks adept. Smile You didn't miss out on the larger grand unveiling yet; I'm still working up to that. Right now I'm working on a NetPong-based program called Flourish to show off the features of CALCnet.
I've been working on networking for my VC++ game project. The library I'm using (ACE) is working okay. Unfortunately, it is super complex to use in my game, which already is complex. I am using so many examples and coding features of Visual Studio to get it done. I should have started smaller...
adept wrote:
I've been working on networking for my VC++ game project. The library I'm using (ACE) is working okay. Unfortunately, it is super complex to use in my game, which already is complex. I am using so many examples and coding features of Visual Studio to get it done. I should have started smaller...
Ah, sounds frustrating. At least you have 6 layers of the OSI protocol under your Application layer being helpful and functional, though. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
Yikes, what OS does he have? If that was answered, then say again, I probably didnt see it
he has 2.0.1.
^

Testing new version now.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
Yikes, what OS does he have? If that was answered, then say again, I probably didnt see it
he has 2.0.1.
^

Testing new version now.
Superb, I look forward to hearing what you find.
Ok, first test proved to be much success but later it crashed.

1) Ran fine, but When the ball arrives in the Nspire screen it occasionally takes a few seconds before it appears.
2) Same
3) 83+ would not detect Nspire after the Nspire found 3 calcs, even if only one was connected.
4) Same but with 2 calcs
5) Same but with 1 calc
6) Same as 4)
7) Ran fine, but sometimes did what I explain in 1). At 4-2 score, the ball never appeared in the Nspire screen again. Had to exit the game
Ran fine.
9) Missing paddle on the Nspire end. When Mario reached the end, the TI-Nspire froze.

I used the same DCS 7.1 beta 2 on both calcs. Should I try the Emulator one on the Nspire?

EDIT: Hmm one thing: I can actually shut off the calc while in this state Confused
Yep, I do beleive so that the emulator one goes on the nspire or else you will -d-i-e- crash
Ok no crashes on the emulator version. I still get the issue described in 1), though, from time to time. It seems like the connection is lost, sometimes.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Ok no crashes on the emulator version. I still get the issue described in 1), though, from time to time. It seems like the connection is lost, sometimes.
In either case did it completely freeze? If you were using the DCS7.1b2 NetPong, it should have never gotten to a point where you needed to do a pull-batts equivalent in order to recover.
No freezing happened.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
No freezing happened.
Excellent, that's good to hear. I'm curious - when the ball never appeared on the Nspire end, were the network run indicators still going? And that is EXTREMELY odd about the Nspire finding tons of calculators; that's strongly indicative of link noise.
Nope, no indicators were going. As for link noise, do you mean it could be my cable that is starting to lose contact?
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Nope, no indicators were going. As for link noise, do you mean it could be my cable that is starting to lose contact?
It could be, but it also means that the checksum passed, which is unlikely. You said these issues didn't happen with the emulator version?
TEST RESULTS: Freezing doesn't occur, but on one of the calcs Mr. Mario seems to have stolen Sonics speed... Razz (It's going way too fast!)

Quick suggestion: allow exit (Clear) from the score display. I can't exit from there; only when the pong is moving around. Also, double check to make sure that the calc hasn't unplugged when starting the game. (Basically, if I connected and ran NetPong, but then exited the 2nd calc, and started the 1st calc's game, it would get stuck at that screen. It doesn't crash though, and can still be exited.)

Speed test works pretty good, no issues to report.

There's some CN2.2 suggestions I have, but I'll save them for a special thread. Wink
The program below has the speed issue repaired, thanks to a previous complaint from DrDnar (or was it Parker?). No need to switch your DCS versions, just the .8xp:

http://www.cemetech.net/files/dcs71b2.zip
Tried that, didn't seem to fix it. Could you also maybe add a version number on the title screen to help tell which version is which? Smile I think I transfered that one, but it's just not working. (Mario is too fast)
alberthrocks wrote:
Tried that, didn't seem to fix it. Could you also maybe add a version number on the title screen to help tell which version is which? Smile I think I transfered that one, but it's just not working. (Mario is too fast)
Yeah, I could do that. ParkerR also suggested a speed setting of some sort.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours