well they havent been turned off. how much will this speed things up, in reality? is it even worth it to go through all this, or will it really make the game alot better? if it does, i may THEN post it on ticalc, but its still pretty slow and pretty crappy Sad
An example of high-end pure BASIC (or only XCOPY as ASM lib, a small lib that does something like Doors CS real(10 function) game that can be done would be this:

With ASM libraries usage:

However, if you are very new to TI-BASIC, I would suggest mastering the language first before using too many libraries, because then the program can get quite complex. Grayscale is something that you should keep for later.
Grayscale, sprites, and even extensive use of pure-BASIC graphscreen work should be saved until you have a firmer grasp on TI-BASIC in my opinion, as DJ Omni said. However, when you do get there, Hybrid libraries have a lot to offer you in the way of fanciness.
Of course you do not have to know every single existing optimizations tricks before venturing into that stuff, though. I recommend it, though, because I must say that I had an hard time getting a playable speed on Metroid II at 15 MHz.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Of course you do not have to know every single existing optimizations tricks before venturing into that stuff, though. I recommend it, though, because I must say that I had an hard time getting a playable speed on Metroid II at 15 MHz.
Definitely not vital, but I think it's important to have a firm enough grasp on the language before branching out that those optimizations will come naturally.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours