Yeah, especially with this being my first major hardware project, I'm expecting the project will have quite a few bumps in the road along the way. Hahah.

And thanks for the good luck on the dev environment. When I finally started trying to program yesterday I was having quite a bit of trouble. The emulators didn't want to load MIDlets, and it wouldn't open any sample environments. Sadly I'm going to have to find a better way of doing this.

Unfortunately the Motorola developer forums are terrible. They literally turn away iDEN developers. They don't even support their own technology except by support tickets! Ridiculous.

Anyway, the Nokia forums seem like they should be helpful in general JME development, and both Sprint and Nextel have some iDEN forums with active user base so I'll be looking to them. I've already downloaded Motorola's useless SDK, and all their guides and sample code, so I probably won't be visiting that site again in a long time.

Hopefully tomorrow will turn out better Smile
(No work! Plenty of time to work on this Very Happy )
(And hopefully the Internet will be back on... My Dad forgot to pay the bill >.< )
Good luck with the internet, nice that you have no work (today?). Sounds like Motorola is another Texas Instruments in terms of turning their backs on the community, so I hope you're able to find the information that you need to get this project going.
The guides are very useful, and the code examples are complete. The problem is that the SDKs and the IDEs they provide don't seem to want to work and none of the emulators want to load anything. When someone hops on their forum to ask a question they simply post a c/p reply about the forum not supporting iDEN developers and how they must submit a support ticket. Frustrating!

Anyway, I got Internet! My Dad apparently forgot to pay the bill, but it has been switched back on, thankfully ^^,

Development should resume indeed today (I forgot it was the 26th when I posted this at 2 am :B ). I'll keep this thread updated on my progress. Hopefully this dev environment will cooperate and I can get everything up and running properly (might have something to do with this laptop being 64-bit?)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours