From the suggestions topic, I'm going to try and create an SE that will display the clock of someone hovers over an icon. After looking over the documentation, I had a couple of questions:
    The SDK page says that dModes were stopped between versions 6.2 and 6.7, are they still discontinued?

Err... That's actually the only question I have right now. I'll find more to ask later though Smile

Edit: I knew I would find another question Smile How do we get the X and Y coordinates of the mouse through the SEMouse section?
_player1537 wrote:
From the suggestions topic, I'm going to try and create an SE that will display the clock of someone hovers over an icon. After looking over the documentation, I had a couple of questions:
    The SDK page says that dModes were stopped between versions 6.2 and 6.7, are they still discontinued?

Err... That's actually the only question I have right now. I'll find more to ask later though Smile
They are back as of 6.7; I needed to bring them back so that Jerry (BrandonW's mouse SE) would work.

Quote:
Edit: I knew I would find another question Smile How do we get the X and Y coordinates of the mouse through the SEMouse section?
I believe that dcs7.inc defines the address of MseX and MseY for your reference. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
_player1537 wrote:

They are back as of 6.7; I needed to bring them back so that Jerry (BrandonW's mouse SE) would work.

Ah, thanks Smile

KermMartian wrote:
Quote:
I believe that dcs7.inc defines the address of MseX and MseY for your reference. Smile

Hm, I don't see "MseX" nor "MouseX". Out of curiosity, is the online version up to date? I'm going to check the actual SDK in a minute.

Code:
MseY   .equ   $989E   ; [header.asm:149]
MseX   .equ   $989F   ; [header.asm:150]

Also, in response to your earlier CenterText query:

Code:
;centertext   - Centers text (horizontally) on the screen and displays
;      - Input  a = penrow to display at
;      -        hl -> text
;      - Output displays centered text
;      -        destroys op registers

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours